metadata

Outlaw

thatoneguy99

It seems that I can confirm it does NOT create hidden files. I am not sure about my settings but I tried it a few different ways. 

Download metadata from the internet

Download in advance

Specified a Metadata folder

Save artwork and metadata into media folders.

--One thing I did notice is that when I manually set them to hidden, by putting a . before the file name, Emby UI would not show these images. I have attached a log file but I am not sure if it will help.

59a0646acefe7_Screenshotfrom201708251354

59a0641e76293_Screenshotfrom201708251335

server-63639266308.txt

thatoneguy99

@@Outlaw it seems to me like you don't want images to download to your server. You just want them to be there when you're looking through the library. Sounds right?

Sent from my phone!

@ thatoneguy

I was told they always download but in the pay I can't couldn't see them the issue is now I can see them but want to hide them

@ thatoneguy

I was told they always download but in the pay I can't couldn't see them the issue is now I can see them but want to hide them

thatoneguy99

Yeah they do download. If not your UI would be much slower to just show it through the internet. There are a few locations they can download to. You can set it to a specific folder, you can save them in the individual folders with the movies, or they can download to the default metadata folder.

When you say that you can see them, where are you looking to see them?

Sent from my phone!

I have Emby premiere so they always have downloaded etc

I can now see them in e.g. Movies folder or Tv shows folder

TIA

It seems that I can confirm it does NOT create hidden files. I am not sure about my settings but I tried it a few different ways. 

Download metadata from the internet

Download in advance

Specified a Metadata folder

Save artwork and metadata into media folders.

--One thing I did notice is that when I manually set them to hidden, by putting a . before the file name, Emby UI would not show these images. I have attached a log file but I am not sure if it will help.

59a0646acefe7_Screenshotfrom201708251354

59a0641e76293_Screenshotfrom201708251335

Ok thanks. It is a limitation of both mono and .net core so we will have to live with it for now. I will update the setting to indicate it is for windows only.

Happy2Play

@ thatoneguy

Almost sounds like you don't want metadata saved with media (not the hidden option).

Many thanks I will untick " download images in advance "

But this means it will still download but hide it ? Otherwise I won't have info or covers for movies ?

TIA

thatoneguy99

Untick the option above that as well. If it is currently ticked.

Sent from my phone!

Happy2Play

If you uncheck "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" it will save metadata and images in different location (not with media).  Is that what you are trying to do?

thatoneguy99

OuterSpace. Lol. Should be in /var/lib/emby-server somewhere.

Sent from my phone!

Happy2Play

Happy2play

Yes mate that's it ! In the past I never had this issue but if I do that where will the artwork go?

Into a library folder in the servers default Metadata folder location (unless you have customized it).  If you look at the Dashboard it will tell you the path.

blade005

hi

i have tried the above but it still downloads & shows the Thumbs Jpeg despite me having clicked on hide as above

any help is

greatly appreciated

TIA

I don't believe that selecting HIDE will prevent the download of images, if that is your goal. HIDE will just save the image with the Hidden Tag enabled. That would prevent them from being viewed in the media folder. Whether you save them in media folder or not, or select HIDE, they will be stored somewhere once an app requests them for display. It will still download and consume disk space.

Edited by blade005

• 1 month later...

Into a library folder in the servers default Metadata folder location (unless you have customized it).  If you look at the Dashboard it will tell you the path.

So I have unchecked Save artwork and metadata into media folders.  I want this to live on my SSD now for speed.  Previously I was saving in with the media.  I could go through the media (movies are on own drives) and delete all the fanart, etc and just leave the folders with the movies in them.  Is that correct?  If so, can you think of any easy way to do that?  I'd like to free up some space on those drives since the data will be duplicate now.

Happy2Play

So I have unchecked Save artwork and metadata into media folders.  I want this to live on my SSD now for speed.  Previously I was saving in with the media.  I could go through the media (movies are on own drives) and delete all the fanart, etc and just leave the folders with the movies in them.  Is that correct?  If so, can you think of any easy way to do that?  I'd like to free up some space on those drives since the data will be duplicate now.

The only way to have duplicate data is if you Refreshed All on your libraries, as the pop says when you change this option it only affect new media.

But I would just use explorer and search the library for nfo, jpg and png files and delete them.

Edited by Happy2Play