metadata

Outlaw

Hi Guys 

can anyone please help?

i have updated to Version 3.2.28.0 the issue is now it downloads all images into my server at this rate my server will be full in the past it added images from imdb now its downloading them and if i delete them it removes the images from main screen

any advice will be appreciated 

thanks

Hi.  There are options in each library of whether or not to save images with the media and also options of whether or not to download images in advance.  Please check these and ensure they are set how you wish.

BTW - we do not download anything from IMDb.  We get our data from The TVDB and TMDB.

Hi 

thankyou for the prompt reply correct about the imdb!

if i disable these it wont download the data & no image is displayed for the movie but if i click on the movie and refresh metadata it downloads all images this wasnt the case in the past

TIA

Hi 

i mean it downloads to the server all images i just want to be able to have before the update so it shows images but wont download 

thanks 

What app are you using?

We have always downloaded images and cached them but there are options as to when this happens - either in advance or only when requested.

hi 

in advance in library i hava clicked hide but they still show

This will not change existing metadata files, only new files saved in the future. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

hi

i have tried the above but it still downloads & shows the Thumbs Jpeg despite me having clicked on hide as above

any help is

greatly appreciated

TIA

Hi i ticked the settings in advance to hide but also the jpegs and images can still be seen for some reason

Before the updates u couldn't see any of these images but now I can and my server will fill up rapid

Hi i ticked the settings in advance to hide but also the jpegs and images can still be seen for some reason

Before the updates u couldn't see any of these images but now I can and my server will fill up rapid

This will not hide existing files, only new files downloaded in the future after changing the settings.

Deathsquirrel

If you don't want the system to download images for media you need to turn off the image downloaders.  This is in the dashboard under Library > Metadata tab > Image Settings.  There are check boxes for each type of image file the tool will attempt to download.

Your UI isn't foing to be very attractive if you do this, but you have the option.  The setting to mark the files as hidden only flags them not to display in Windows.  They still download to your cache and take up some space.

Hi Death Squirel

And thanks for your reply I do want to download them but in the past they were hidden I have gone into advanced settings and click hidden but for some reason they continue to show my issue is how do I hide them permanently as this setting isn't working for me via PC Windows browser and I've tried it via the app on an iPhone still the same response

Happy2Play

Can you show a specific example with screenshots of your issue.  To me your talking about something else besides hiding images/metadata.

Edited by Happy2Play

Hi if I can break it down I tried to put up SS but iPhone won't let me

When I add a movie in my server all the fan-art & jpeg thumbs appear before the latest update it wouldn't show I have tried hiding them via the advanced settings bT they still show

TIA

Happy2Play

Hi if I can break it down I tried to put up SS but iPhone won't let me

When I add a movie in my server all the fan-art & jpeg thumbs appear before the latest update it wouldn't show I have tried hiding them via the advanced settings bT they still show

TIA

Wouldn't appear where?  If they are downloaded they will show in there perspective views.  They have never been hidden from Emby if downloaded, only the OS.,  Unless we are still talking about something different.

Hi appear on my server I'm using ubuntu so this means it's an OS setting ? If so any advice please on how to hide them via ssh

TIA

thatoneguy99

Sorry it has taken me so long. I didn't see this until now. Is the OP trying to download the files but mark them as hidden? So they will show up in the Emby UI but not in the File Explorer?

Or is he not trying to download the images at all? It is a little confusing. For testing purposes I will try it and see if I can download the images but have them set to hidden. Which in linux usually means to have a . before the file name. I'll report back here shortly.