Watched Status Sync & Server Mapping

c0utta

c0utta

Hi guys,

Running Version 3.2.27.1 on Debian Linux, and OSMC on rPi 2.

First question is simple, but I can't seem to find a clear answer.  Once a title is watched on OSMC does this synchronise back to Emby?

Second question is harder and I'll do my best to explain:

TV Shows have two folders, which are mounted to the operating system of emby, but are also available via Samba with no security (ie guests can browse and watch TV Shows with no authentication)

/share/video/TV, with shared network folder smb://nas/video/TV (working fine!)
/share/myth/link, with shared network folder smb://nas/myth (not working!)

/share/myth/link (from MythTV) is a set of symbolic links which work on every other platform except the Kodi app.  If I use Samba directly on File Manager in Kodi, the MythTV recordings play just fine.

The Kodi log shows:
14:04:57.505 T:2458907632   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [smb://nas/myth/The Simpsons/Dogtown_2017.08.16_s28e22.mpg]

I'm stumped as to what this could be, or what I've overlooked.

Thanks

Angelblue05

1. Yes

2. Can you compare to the path logged when you play via the File manager? How does it differ?

Edited by Angelblue05

c0utta

Hi Angelblue05 - thanks for your quick response.

1. That's what I thought, but I'm not seeing it.  I checked my Kodi logs and found:

EMBY.kodimonitor -> Item is invalid for playstate update

I note that this problem was mentioned in https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44807-krypton-not-reporting-play-status-to-server/page-1?hl=%20item%20%20invalid%20%20for%20%20playstate%20%20update - I'm running Mimic if that's any help.

2. Leave this one with me as I found a valid reason (my fault) for the example I gave.  See if I can find another

Thanks

• Like 1

Angelblue05

What is the title you watched in Kodi, that didn't port to Emby? thank you

Edited by Angelblue05