Skips to the next episode

legallink

legallink

We've been having an issue lately where Apple TV app skips an episode when it automatically plays the "next episode". What I mean is, if you are watching episode 1 of a series, at the end if it autoplays the next episode, it will play episode 3. Anyone else have this issue? I'll post a log later if necessary.

corey

Does it consistently do this every time? If not is there a certain situation that you can repeat to cause this? I think a server log would be helpful. Thanks!

legallink

Please find the attached log.

My wife was watching criminal minds.  You'll notice it hops episodes from x08 to x10 and then x11 to x13.  I believe she self selected x11 after x10.  

If you need us to direct test it by skipping ahead to the end of a show, then waiting for autoplay, etc. just let me know.

server-63638092800.txt

legallink

@@corey I'm not sure what you mean by virtual.  All media is stored locally internally to the server on hard drives.  There is no remote storage in this instance.

corey

@@corey I'm not sure what you mean by virtual. All media is stored locally internally to the server on hard drives. There is no remote storage in this instance.

Awesome thanks for the info!

corey

I took a quick pass at the server logs (I'm not a server log expert) and nothing is jumping out to me. Maybe @@ebr or @@Luke could take a quick look. Is this consistently repeatable? If so would it be possible to document the steps please so I can attempt to repeat please?

Does the Next Up display display the proper episode or is it the 'skipped' one?

arecad98

I took a quick pass at the server logs (I'm not a server log expert) and nothing is jumping out to me. Maybe @@ebr or @@Luke could take a quick look. Is this consistently repeatable? If so would it be possible to document the steps please so I can attempt to repeat please?

Does the Next Up display display the proper episode or is it the 'skipped' one?

I am experiencing the exact same issue. The Next Up displays the correct next episode and when I select "Show" it plays the next episode for a few seconds then skips to the next one.