[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

FrostByte

Here's an example Android folder on the Shield- skin folder would need to change like in the TK's post of course.

\\ShieldTV\internal\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.mod

Then just edit the 4th line down in addon.xml

feerlessleadr

On libreelec, if I remember correctly, in your /home/*user*/ folder (I forgot the user that libreelec uses, there should be a ".kodi" folder. That will be where you can find the addon's folder. 

Seger

@Teddyknuddel _the user @Der FreeManis completely new here, has written 20 and is politely asking for help. His last post is 24 hours old. A thank you/please is part of the good tone, but please be a little more relaxed. 

Edited by Seger

Seger

@all

I had reported problems under Windows:

The settings menu there had completely disappeared. I have made quite a bit of progress. With help and a lot of reading, I found the culprit.

In the Windows folder 

addons\skin.embuary-matrix\fonts

contains the file

materialdesignicons-webfont.ttf

which obviously no longer draws the old icons, but only hieroglyphs.

Then at some point I ended up with version: v2.8.94 from 2018:

https://github.com/Templarian/MaterialDesign-Webfont/commits/master?after=57b567a448bd579892174cd47c47f9e187ea56c6+34&branch=master&path[]=fonts&qualified_name=refs%2Fheads%2Fmaster#:~:text=Sep 21%2C 2018-,v2.8.94,-Templarian

If you now replace this file with the existing one, you will get almost all the icons back:

image.thumb.png.020f5a199fdbccf37b369b414cbbe03a.png

So for all Windows users: simply copy the file in the attachment into the folder mentioned above. Sollte noch jemand eine Idee haben wie ich die anderen Symbole wieder herstellen kann, gern her damit.

Since all Android/Libre users have reported that their icons still work, I would of course be pleased if you could perhaps provide me with the file, maybe your file is a different one. There is also a licence file in the folder, maybe this one too. Thank you all!

Thank you and best regards

Seger

materialdesignicons-webfont.ttf

Edited by Seger
  • Thanks 1

TheFreeMan
On 1/16/2024 at 3:23 PM, Teddyknuddel said:

@TheFreeMan
A thank you is probably too much to ask? So it's really no fun to help in any way.

Nope, a thank you isn't too much to ask, and 99.9999% of the time I'll say it. I'm just late this time, my apologies.

I've not been feeling the best lately, so this hasn't been my #1 priority, plus, gmail is so very helpfully sending all my notifications to spam, so I didn't realize this had come through. I try to check every few days, but...

That's just one more reason I hate google. :(

THANK YOU for the pointer to this file!

Edited by TheFreeMan

TheFreeMan
On 1/16/2024 at 3:51 PM, Seger said:

@Teddyknuddel _the user @Der FreeManis completely new here, has written 20 and is politely asking for help. His last post is 24 hours old. A thank you/please is part of the good tone, but please be a little more relaxed. 

Thanks for coming to my defense, but I'm by no means new to asking for help on support forums. I do greatly appreciate the time & effort of those who develop things that I get to use for free and all the free help I get figuring out how to make it all work. As noted, the email notification of the response was helpfully sent to spam. (No, flagging it as "not spam" doesn't help for future emails. Probably the only thing that would help is people starting to abandon gmail as I have done in many cases.)

Also, I my German extends to being able to count to 10, so I'm TheFreeMan, not Der FreeMan. :)

Edited by TheFreeMan

Teddyknuddel

@TheFreeMan
Na but when I search for the solution, ask a question in the forum, I automatically look on the page - whether email notification or not🙃

As my English is not the best, I have to resort to automatic translation myself. This can sometimes happen.

Da mein Englisch nicht das beste ist, muss ich selber auf automatische Übersetzung zurückgreifen. Da kann sowas mal vorkommen.

Edited by Teddyknuddel

Seger

Would someone be so kind? Would like to continue testing, not that it becomes a problem for everyone with other Kodi versions 🙂

On 1/16/2024 at 10:07 PM, Seger said:

Since all Android/Libre users have reported that their icons still work, I would of course be pleased if you could perhaps provide me with the file, maybe your file is a different one. There is also a licence file in the folder, maybe this one too. Thank you all!

TheFreeMan

I usually check back for replies, too @Teddyknuddelbut, as I noted, I haven't been feeling great the last several days, so this got put behind higher priorities, like sleeping...

Thanks for understanding.

zenkichi08

hi, 

may i kindly ask for somebody to run me through how to install @Teddyknuddel's 4k Skin on a fresh Kodi Omega installation?

i installed sulafreds original repo first but there is no skin in there?

trying to install the 4k version directly returns dependency errors as expected

any help would be much appreciated. thanks! and thanks for your work keeping this skin alive

Teddyknuddel

@zenkichi08
I had already installed it on Omega Beta1 without any problems. But I think we will get it installed on the final version as well. If "Guidos Skinbase" means anything to you? I am often in contact with him. When the time comes, we'll get it right.

At the moment, however, it is recommended to install Kodi Nexus first, install the EmbyNextGen addon, and only THEN upgrade to Kodi Omega.

And simply install the skin from zip-file under Addons.

Edited by Teddyknuddel

zenkichi08

danke für die Antwort ;)

my setup was already kodi omega alpha 2 + embynextgen addon installed. but if it is important to have started from Nexus that might've been the problem. as i said your 4k skin wouldn't install bc it complained about something missing (will check and give details when i am home).

to make matters worse, since i am running kodi on a FireTV 4k Max and Amazon being too incompetent to actually fix their firmware for DolbyVision playback i have to resort to a custom build of kodi (https://github.com/quietvoid/xbmc/releases/tag/v21-dovi). 

"guidos skinbase" doesn't ring a bell but i'll look into it. thanks again

Edited by zenkichi08

zenkichi08

thanks again for the reply.

i am not sure the Maven build has the feature i need. the problem is not DV playback per se but only when files have HDR10+ and DV metadata, the FireTV (and apparently only the MAX version) only shows black screen. With the build i linked i can manually disable either HDR10+ or DV metadata if both are present and the video will play

• 3 weeks later...
buenoss92

Does anyone how or if you can separate Anime from TV-Shows. I have tried node-editor rules and some other stuff, got the rules working on music but somehow they won't apply on TV-Shows.

Emby-helper gave me a quick anime section, which is really cool but i'm still seeing anime in my tv-shows. Any help is welcome.

Untitled.thumb.png.564e3cce4b80f7cb91d3e254119901d5.png

Edited by buenoss92

zenkichi08

hi again

since awesome team kodi merged all the features i need with master i am now running kodi master 20.3

alas i am still struggling to install embuary skin :(

so i have to reiterate my question: could somebody please run me through the installation process of embuary for kodi 20.3?

a reply would be much appreciated. thank you!

Teddyknuddel

This is only possible if you have set up a separate library for your anime on the server.

The skin is very simple but still very extensive. You have to click through it yourself. Giving instructions here would simply go beyond the scope. A little tip anyway - also use the "Custom widgets" area.

Simply set it up on the PC - and if everything fits, copy the "Addons & Userdata" folder to the desired client in the corresponding directory. Then, of course, re-adjust the settings for picture and sound on the client and check the path to the server.

However, it may well be that all this no longer works with the new server 4.8.xx.xx. New episodes and films were then displayed 6x in Kodi. This is probably due to the fact that all the plugins were probably not tested with the server update. I have now combined my skin with Plex because I am tired of being abused as a beta user even with the official releases. Works very well with PexKodiConnect.

Even if that's not the answer you were probably hoping for - you'll have to click and work your way through it yourself.

• Thanks 1

Seger

No idea what should not work, just download Kodi 19, install it fresh. Install the skin and update to the new Kodi version.

buenoss92

@Teddyknuddelthank you very much for your extensive answer. This might very well be the exact answer I'm looking for. I'll look around a bit more in the skin but will certainly try the plex approach aswell! I have been running plex so I'm quite excited to try!

Thank you so much!

NathanX

Hi everybody,

I have a simple question: is it somehow possible in Embuary to sort the music library by album artist instead of artist?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Nathan

TheFreeMan

I finally got this installed. Thanks @Teddyknuddelfor putting the work in to update this enough for Omega!

I'm curious what the difference between the 4k & 2k versions are supposed to be. Everything on screen is tiny using either one. After installing the 4k version, I was hoping that the 2k version would give me some bigger text, but no joy...

I would guess that someone would really have to dig into the skin to scale up the text. I know I'm not the person to do it, and it sounds like Teddy isn't either. He managed to patch it together, and I'm grateful for that effort!

• Thanks 1

Teddyknuddel

@TheFreeMan

The font size has actually been increased a little - in my first draft, absolutely nothing was legible except at a very small distance.

You will see the difference between 2K and 4K on a FullHD TV. You won't see anything at all with 4K. With 2K it is at the absolute pain threshold. With the original version of the FullHD interface, you only have 2 rows and oversized icons. That's why there is still 2K in addition to 4K. 

Optimal view is the selection Wide instead of Poster. The text is then not cut off.

Screenshot_5.png.4446f1f546b25b1c3bb4d96ee1ac60a7.png

Here with Landscape
The text is virtually untrimmed
Screenshot_6.png.7334d047068aa1568d44b195260bf7ba.png

Here with poster view
The text is almost always trimmed

You also need the correct seating distance, for 4K with a 75-inch display, 1.5x the seating distance, 2.5 metres. Then the font is still easy to read. If you were to make it larger, everything with ... would be cut off. For example, "Blindshot S01......." instead of "Blindshot S01E01 - Pilot". 
If your distance is greater than recommended, for example 4 metres, you won't be able to read anything. 

Edited by Teddyknuddel