Update not working - CMD please - UBUNTU 16

jutn25

jutn25

Hi,

Im currently running version 3.2.25.0 on Ubuntu 16 and when i run the cmd 

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y it does not upgrade the emby server. This cmd use to work all the time.

Is there another command that I can input to update the server.

Thanks ! 

hi @@jutn25 can you please describe exactly the issue that you're seeing? What exactly happens when you try to update? Do you get an error message? If so, what does it say? thanks.

jutn25

The issue is that when I enter the above command, it doesnt update emby on my server "/ The command I used always worked and when I log onto the dashboard I would no longer see the message of a new update. 

I was wondering is there a more specific command to tell emby to update and not a command that just updates my whole server.  Also i do not receive any error messages. 

59876475d6e3a_Capture.png

Edited by jutn25

jutn25

So i figured it out.

when i upgraded from Ubuntu 14 to 16. Emby was not on the list for updating. A key was expired. 

Edited by jutn25

Marvel emby

im also having the same issue on my servers how did you fix this ? i normally use apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade and normally updates fine but wont now 2x servers on ubuntu 16 and 1x ubuntu 17

Jdiesel

im also having the same issue on my servers how did you fix this ? i normally use apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade and normally updates fine but wont now 2x servers on ubuntu 16 and 1x ubuntu 17

Just follow the initial install instructions again to download and add the key.

https://emby.media/linux-server.html

• 3 weeks later...