Full Android Nougat 7.0 on Nvidia Shield Android TV

Blueeyiz702

Blueeyiz702

Just sharing some info about what i think is best way to run Emby if you a Nvidia Shield Android TV Owner. After running this on my shield,i'll never go back to the dull,plain way Android tv looks compared to this.

Shield was not meant to just watch Tv on, and with full android you have a million apps at your finger tips,as well as the customization you can enjoy. if you want more information you can go to this site, all the work is done and provided by Zulu99. And the guy has did his home work on this. And provides support for all aspects and some extra. Videomap.it s the site go take a peek. This firmware provides a full android experience without limitations.!

5982ab22c2409_NovaLauncher_20170802_21465982abf75dfa7_NovaLauncher_20170802_2146

Blueeyiz702

Where's the Emby icon?

oops sorry luke it on the next page of icons.

Blueeyiz702

If its not running Android TV then you may well run into all sorts of issues with layouts etc.

See this thread as an example: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48988-is-android-mobile-the-same-as-emby-for-android/

Cbers,this also has root access.   i think some you guys and Dev's would have a field day,and the gaming is on a whole different level.I don't see any problems with ths its so self contained. And your idea's can be endless with this.And it is android tv,just not the Blah Blah version.

Edited by Blueeyiz702

To each their own but I disagree.  The Android TV interface is much better suited to 10-foot operation with a remote control IMO.

That looks hideous. I gotta say, the one great thing about Apple products is, at least people can't ruin the interface their horrible design ideas.

Jdiesel

Not my cup of tea, the Android Leanback launcher is much better suited for a living room UI than the traditional Android UI. I always thought that people running Chinese Android boxes were looking for ways to run the Android TV UI and not the other way around.

Blueeyiz702

Sorry if you guys don't like abstract  art backgrounds. But i can do 10 times more with this on android running on shield than the bloated and limited leanback launcher. That's the worst launcher i seen in my life.

Blueeyiz702

Not my cup of tea, the Android Leanback launcher is much better suited for a living room UI than the traditional Android UI. I always thought that people running Chinese Android boxes were looking for ways to run the Android TV UI and not the other way around.

that's why i went this route. the leanback launcher is terrible  I have Nova launcher and can do way more.Plus the gaming is way better,your not limited and with full play store it makes it better.

BAlGaInTl

that's why i went this route. the leanback launcher is terrible  I have Nova launcher and can do way more.Plus the gaming is way better,your not limited and with full play store it makes it better.

What do you mean the gaming is better?  What games?

I suppose you lose the ability to stream real PC games on your network?

I think I'll stick with the native interface.  I quite like it for the lean-back experience.

Blueeyiz702

What do you mean the gaming is better?  What games?

I suppose you lose the ability to stream real PC games on your network?

I think I'll stick with the native interface.  I quite like it for the lean-back experience.

no you don't loose anything,actually the leanback launcher is not the best. the process takes you up a couple notches  if anything.And you can run a lot more apps and games than you ever could think of doing stock.

BAlGaInTl

no you don't loose anything,actually the leanback launcher is not the best. the process takes you up a couple notches if anything.And you can run a lot more apps and games than you ever could think of doing stock.

I read through their info and setup.

Personally, it's not worth the effort to me.

Why not just sideload the apps and games you want?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk