New atv, no server listed, can't add one manually

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

TL;DR, there seems to be an issue with the onscreen keyboard Done button that doesn't issue the same command as the Done button does within the server info dialog box itself.  Closing the on screen keyboard by using the Back button on the remote allows control within the dialog boxwhere the Done button works.

@@ebr, I finally figured out the issue.  On the Emby login interface, when the on screen keyboard is up, there is a "Next" or "Done" button on the right of the keyboard.  I was entering my server info, and since I was unable to navigate up to the dialog box to enter the port from inside the keyboard which would allow me to hit the Done button on the actual box, I was navigating to the Next button, which would take me to the port entry.  I would enter it and hit the Next button and/or then the Done button,from within the on screen keyboard.  As soon as hitting the Done button, I would be taken directly back to the previous screen with the pin and the Next/Manual Entry buttons on it.  

When I was trying to connect to your test server, I entered the IP and accidentally hit the Back button on my remote, which closed the on screen keyboard and allowed me to navigate down to port.  Since I didn't have to change the port to something other than 8096 I was able to navigate down to the Done button on the dialog box itself.  Once I hit that, I saw your server.  I repeated this procedure with my server information (hitting Back on the remote, etc) and my server showed up... and all was well after that.

Dunno if this is Sony ATV specific or not, since my only other ATV devices are on my local network.

Okay, thanks.  Yes, that is an issue with that OSK.  You have to back out of it and hit the ok button on our dialog.  I haven't figured out why that is the case.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Swiss31

I had the same problem. Solved with yours help. The back button on the pilot from my xiaomi mi box is solution.

Thanks