Looping Live TV Guide

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

Maybe this is harder to implement than I think.  I'm not sure if it would be server or have to be implemented on each application.

I would really love to see the option for a "looping" Live Channel guide.  That is... when you reach the end and scroll down again, it simply continues showing you what was at the top again.  My guide isn't really long... maybe 40 channels... I scroll down to see what's on, but If I decide I want to watch something that was at the beginning, it's tough to get back there.

The optimist in me thinks this could be a server setting with an optional toggle.

The realist in me worries that it would be much more complicated.

The chemist in me thinks it should be a plugin.  (oops... got to stop doing that. ) :)

• Like 4

Tester

I would like this also.. and as I said in the past, the closer this guide gets to MCE's guide the better it will be

BAlGaInTl

I would like this also.. and as I said in the past, the closer this guide gets to MCE's guide the better it will be

It's been so long since I used MCE I couldn't remember if it did or not.

I know that most set top boxes and PVRs do this by default as well.

mwongjay

I'm not sure I'm a fan of a looping tv guide. However, it would be nice to have a solution to navigate channels quicker. Due to Comcast's recent transition to its master list in my area I end up with duplicates, but combined have about 500 channels so I would definitely benefit.

It would be ideal to have a button or combination of button presses that page the data. I've only used Xfinity and DirecTv, although I'm sure other content providers have similar buttons on their remotes for paging up and down and the directional buttons are for navigating the rows. This IMO is still the best way to accomplish navigating the guide. 

I'm not sure I'm a fan of a looping tv guide. However, it would be nice to have a solution to navigate channels quicker. Due to Comcast's recent transition to its master list in my area I end up with duplicates, but combined have about 500 channels so I would definitely benefit.

It would be ideal to have a button or combination of button presses that page the data. I've only used Xfinity and DirecTv, although I'm sure other content providers have similar buttons on their remotes for paging up and down and the directional buttons are for navigating the rows. This IMO is still the best way to accomplish navigating the guide. 

Not all the devices have buttons suitable for paging but, in our Roku app, you can use the FF and Rew buttons to do this now.

mwongjay

Not all the devices have buttons suitable for paging but, in our Roku app, you can use the FF and Rew buttons to do this now.

Ah, unfortunately I switched over to ATV awhile ago. Did that feature make it to ATV? I haven't tried FF/Rew to page the guide.

Ah, unfortunately I switched over to ATV awhile ago. Did that feature make it to ATV? I haven't tried FF/Rew to page the guide.

The major Android TV devices do not have those buttons.  The Fire does (and, perhaps, actual TVs) though so I could implement it for that.

mastrmind11

why not just roll the guide when you get to the end?  no buttons involved.

• Like 1

why not just roll the guide when you get to the end?  no buttons involved.

That's a completely different issue and, I realize, it is what this request is about.  But, above, someone asked about paging buttons.

BAlGaInTl

The major Android TV devices do not have those buttons.  The Fire does (and, perhaps, actual TVs) though so I could implement it for that.

Maybe I've asked this before....

I'm using CEC on a Harmony remote to control my Nvidia Shield.

Is it not possible to still enable those features to be captured by CEC (captured may be the wrong word).  Yes, Android TV remotes are very simple, but I think many are using more robust remotes and passing the commands from the TV instead.

Feel free to shoot me down and explain why that isn't possible, because I really don't know.