M3U Tuners

epete

Spaceboy

true.  you did give the proper credits in your PM.

partly to set expectation that if there is a technical question i probably wont be able to answer it!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
lifespeed

Although @@LukeTo automap an m3u Entry to Schedules Direct you need to add a tvg-id tag to the m3u specifying the channel-id from Schedules Direct.

Then you do not have to manual map.

The MS Access database that @@Spaceboy has offered you allows you to maintain these mappings, select the channels you want and generate the appropriate m3u file for import in to emby.

Krs

Mark

Good advice, I have used the tvg-id tag suggested with good results.  The database sounds like a great way to scale this up, will have to try.

• 3 months later...
jasonwilliams

Hi All,

I just setup an M3U tuner and I'm struggling with the EPG.  Could I possiblly get access to the Access DB tool you mentioned as well?  

• 4 months later...
riverboat2001

I'm still running Emby classic via WMC as it works so well with my Harmony remote control. 

I have an annual subscription to schedules direct. I manage my epg using epg123.

I use a htpc with freesat tuners installed. And also ServerWMCE is installed.

The emby server is also installed on this pc. I stream around the house using Linksyns Media Center Extenders.

The system works just fine, but the extenders are old an clunky and freeze quite a bit. (They replaced Xboxes which worked better, but were so loud)

So I've had a play about with adding an iptv stream into the tuners section, the channels imported, but the only ones with icons are the Arab ones!

​There is about 500 channels with no epg, and no name/icon just numbers.

Ideally I'd like to accomplish three things.

1/ Trim down the number of iptv channels to about 15

2/ Get the epg working for them

3/ Be able to record some of them. (I understand epg must be there )

I've read about the Access DB tool and would appreciate a link to do it. (I've no idea how to use it, but am willing to read and learn)
​As this thread is almost six months old has any headway been made towards a wiki or tutorial as this seems to be quite popular at the moment.

TubeTvOnline

may be this is not the place to ask a question about m3u organise so my appoligies if its in the wrong section.ive added m3u and epg but when the channel populate there all over the place and not organised in to say sports,news,docs,and so on is there a waya arounds this please

We plan to expand our channel management features in a future update to allow you to control that, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Sammy

Can someone point me to more information on mu3 tuners and how to set them up in Emby?

Thanks.

illyson

I would like to make a suggestion: in the part of user registry could put the option to register the m3u in it individually.

Gostaria de dar uma sugestão: na parte de cadastro de usuario poderia colocar a opção de cadastrar o m3u nele idividualmente.

Sammy

I would like to make a suggestion: in the part of user registry could put the option to register the m3u in it individually.

Gostaria de dar uma sugestão: na parte de cadastro de usuario poderia colocar a opção de cadastrar o m3u nele idividualmente.

Thanks, Eric! I'll take a look later today.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So I'm a little lost as to what to do here to incorporate it into Emby for playback.

http://xmtvplayer.com/build-m3u-file

Sammy

Did you check out our live TV wiki?

Yes. Clear as mud as I'm not very familiar with the terminology. It needs to be written for a commoner like me.

Sammy

@@Luke

Nothing yet. I'm not really understanding the information on the linked page for setting up the m3u urls or files. Until I understand the protocols there I'm not going to try much more in Emby. I need to find a more basic reading of how it all works and how I go about setting it up.

I will keep pursuing it though.

Ok, most users are paying for a live tv service and getting an m3u url from their provider, not building an m3u manually.

Sammy

Ok, most users are paying for a live tv service and getting an m3u url from their provider, not building an m3u manually.

I am starting to figure that out.

Is this a better way to go than seperate apps such as youtubeTV, hulu or philo (which isn't even on Android / AndroidTV ATM)?