Allow user comments on media

Untoten

CBaldwinJ89

I agree with unisoft. The favorite button alone to me works. Unless you have 100s of people using it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
PuffyToesToo

Maybe with smart playlists this could be integrated, in that something currently starred a certain number or above would appear in the "featured" section? Just an idea.

Ok I will hop on this thread again. A star rating would be good with the username beside it and the avatar. Then on the front page a list of movies and the recent starred movies. At least this way users logging in might become aware of content they may have never seen due to age or not having talked about it.

That would be great. It would then negate the talk about foul language etc from implementing comments. For small to medium family installs this would good. Granted you may have a user low starring things but such is life.

sansoo22

Would it be possible to leverage an existing database of user reviews like IMDB or the TheMovieDB?  I don't have enough users for this feature to matter if its local only and i'm not sure how big the emby-verse is.  For proper statistical data such as ratings you need a lot of data points in order to weed out the trolls as well as the super happy people.  

I can see this as a useful feature for some folks and I would probably use it for Live TV.  Anything popular or highly rated might be worth a look.  I don't watch a lot of live tv but i might if i had a ranking system in emby.

I would want the ability to turn it off globally and per user.  My parents only log into emby to watch old westerns and tv shows I've curated for them.  And they barely know how to do that so they get a single user account and would care less about what others think.

Would it be possible to leverage an existing database of user reviews like IMDB or the TheMovieDB?  I don't have enough users for this feature to matter if its local only and i'm not sure how big the emby-verse is.  For proper statistical data such as ratings you need a lot of data points in order to weed out the trolls as well as the super happy people.  

I can see this as a useful feature for some folks and I would probably use it for Live TV.  Anything popular or highly rated might be worth a look.  I don't watch a lot of live tv but i might if i had a ranking system in emby.

I would want the ability to turn it off globally and per user.  My parents only log into emby to watch old westerns and tv shows I've curated for them.  And they barely know how to do that so they get a single user account and would care less about what others think.

MovieDb yes. Do people really want to see those built into their emby server? I'm not entirely sure.

crusher11

I'd like to see a star-rating system, definitely. I have over 700 films, so a binary "favourite"/"not favourite" system isn't hugely helpful. Would love to be able to star-rate things and have recommendations and such work that way.

I'd like to see a star-rating system, definitely. I have over 700 films, so a binary "favourite"/"not favourite" system isn't hugely helpful. Would love to be able to star-rate things and have recommendations and such work that way.

Sounds like a great candidate for a feature request topic. Thanks !

• Like 1

miniliQuid

Could be cool. Specially when you know what your friends/family like and that way might know from their comments if you will like a movie/series or not. Can see this being useful

+1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
CyberPoison

1313668331_WhatsAppImage2020-06-17at21_59_42.thumb.jpeg.35dbf0fbda416e62aa00a7574b6f24a9.jpeg

this is how i think it would be

But it need some moderations tools to prevent people swears on it and post links / clicable links

@Luke Yea, i not agree with using a MovieDb for comments it will be annoying and it need a lots of request for api/website and in manytimes it comes in English not in different language like French or wathever and external db like trakt is annoying since it need every member to have one account

i would prefer a plugin or a native support from emby server to store the comment db like self-hosted, i'm not sure than using a plugin it will works across-platforms like emby android,android tv,iOS,apple tv,LG,Samsung, etc.

But it should have a moderation tab for ban words and links /clickable links and etc...

but the emby also need something like UP voting comments or a like option on comments but this can over load the server it self with emoji or etc... so for now 3 things i'm sure

1st:. Moderation tool for comments

2nd:. Allow comment across diferents platforms

3rd:. Avatar and Username of the commenter.  

4th:. Up voting like reddit.

I pretty sure than this is very complex to develop but i'm pretty sure than you made more than one happy here, and emby will win some advange of plex using this comments option

@Untoten You can use my Picture as well since it's regarding this topic and edit your first post (Main post) to add suggest options (1st,2nd,3rd,4th) above.

Edited by CyberPoison

unisoft

Comments are going to slow down the user interface unless these are on a separate screen you click the link or button to get to.  Again its not a computer app like iTunes for feedback. Most people just have a remote for Tv use and who is going to type comments on onscreen keyboard. I also wouldn't want Emby tied in to referring to any web sites. I have all my meta data on the server already and wouldn't want slow web sites or timeouts cause of web site down etc.

Luke, if this is enabled, can an option be to disable comments completely please?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...