Can't Cancel Series

dogloopa

dogloopa

I have a series that I am trying to cancel that isn't working. (blue bloods)

I can hit the Cancel Series button and it does nothing. 

Also if I go into Series Settings for this show I will just get the spinning circle like it is thinking and it hangs forever. 

This is only happening with this one series. Everything else works fine. 

If I go into the Series menu from the live TV home page it doesn't show up there. All the other shows set to record show fine. 

It is set to record every single episode and I am deleting 5 a day. This show is on a lot. 

Any idea on how I get this series to stop recording?

dogloopa

Sorry, I forgot to hit the attach button.

Logs attached. 

Also two screen shots showing the offending show. 

If I hit cancel series as shown in the Cancel Series screen shot it does nothing.

If I hit series settings it hangs and I attached a screen of that also.

Log.txt

post-4005-0-28956500-1500864819_thumb.jpg

post-4005-0-80877600-1500864828_thumb.jpg

It would appear that you did cancel it. Once you cancel the series, the second screenshot is no longer needed or accessible. We'll have to make sure that little settings cog disappears right away after hitting the cancel button.

dogloopa

I can cancel the shows individually just fine. I could go through the next 14 days and cancel all of them but I am guessing

they will just keep going. 

dogloopa

It doesn't show up in the series tab. 

However the next one I see in the scheduled tab is tomorrow night. 

I did what I hope is work around by going into the metadata manager and deleting all the blue bloods folders and media from there. 

The last time I accidentally did that I wiped out all of my shows and I noticed shows that were scheduled to record wouldn't re-create the folder structure so they just didn't record. 

Hoping Blue Bloods will do that. It will still show on the schedule but at least it will stop taking up space.

Ok, then if there's no series entry then it should stop happening as the current set of timers gradually expire. In other words, as you get new guide data coming in, I don't think you'll see the programs being incorrectly scheduled. Let me know if that's what you see. I'll have to look into why they're still showing as scheduled even after deleting the series. thanks.

• 2 years later...
blade005

Ok, then if there's no series entry then it should stop happening as the current set of timers gradually expire. In other words, as you get new guide data coming in, I don't think you'll see the programs being incorrectly scheduled. Let me know if that's what you see. I'll have to look into why they're still showing as scheduled even after deleting the series. thanks.

@@Luke,

Emby Server: 4.2.1.0

Emby Guide Data for Guide Source

Windows 10 OS

I know this is an old thread, but I am currently having a similar issue with Canceled Series. Even though Series have been canceled and they no longer show up in the Scheduled section of LIVE TV anytime a NEW episode airs they are still being recorded. I have even gone into the LIVE TV folder of Emby Server and deleted the seriestimer.json and timers.json files and then selected the handful of shows I still record thinking this might clear up any old entries for recordings that might have been lingering. I check the TASK SCHEDULER in WIndows and they are not listed. As this week has a number of NEW returning shows I am still getting recordings that are no longer scheduled. Is there another place in Emby Server that I need to perhaps clear out to stop this?

UPDATE:

Figured it out. Had Emby Server set up on second machine as fail over option. Set it not to run on startup and never had it running while main server was up. But, I guess if it has Series Timers set and in your Scheduled Task of Windows it will kick off Recordings even without Emby Server up and running. I had Cancelled all these Series in my primary Emby Server and didn't realize they were still sitting in Task Scheduler in fail over machine. 

Edited by blade005

@@Luke,

Figured it out. Had Emby Server set up on second machine as fail over option. Set it not to run on startup and never had it running while main server was up. But, I guess if it has Series Timers set and in your Scheduled Task of Windows it will kick off Recordings even without Emby Server up and running. I had Cancelled all these Series in my primary Emby Server and didn't realize they were still sitting in Task Scheduler in fail over machine. 

The two servers are independent. Cancelling scheduled recordings on one server will not affect the other server.

blade005

The two servers are independent. Cancelling scheduled recordings on one server will not affect the other server.

@@Luke

I get that. My point was that the second (backup) server was set up with RUN ON STARTUP not selected and never set it to run manually after initial setup. However, when I built the system off of an Emby Server backup and moved SERIES recordings over they seemed to kick off Recording sessions even though I didn't have Emby Server running and there was no Emby Icon in the system tray. I checked the TASK SCHEDULER of the backup and saw that it was continuing to update and add Series recordings even though I thought with Emby Server not running in Icon tray that it would remain dormant. Guess I was wrong.

@@Luke

I get that. My point was that the second (backup) server was set up with RUN ON STARTUP not selected and never set it to run manually after initial setup. However, when I built the system off of an Emby Server backup and moved SERIES recordings over they seemed to kick off Recording sessions even though I didn't have Emby Server running and there was no Emby Icon in the system tray. I checked the TASK SCHEDULER of the backup and saw that it was continuing to update and add Series recordings even though I thought with Emby Server not running in Icon tray that it would remain dormant. Guess I was wrong.

It's doing exactly what it should. The task scheduler will launch emby server if it is not already running.

blade005

It's doing exactly what it should. The task scheduler will launch emby server if it is not already running.

Not complaining or criticizing. Good to know it behaves this way.

Thank you for the clarification.