Emby stops playing on roku

all4dom

all4dom

The problem occurs after it plays a few episodes. It gets stuck at loading the next episode.

The problem occurs after it plays a few episodes. It gets stuck at loading the next episode.

But, in the log that you sent, specifically at what point did that happen?

I don't see anything that looks like that in there...

all4dom

I don't stay in the room where I can say it's always the 2nd episode. That's why I say it happens after a few episodes. All I can say is that I hit shuffle play & then after a few episodes it gets stuck at loading. I don't know what the log says but that's what happens. What does the log say?

I don't stay in the room where I can say it's always the 2nd episode. That's why I say it happens after a few episodes. 

Then how do you know the problem occurred in the session for which you sent the log?

What does the log say?

In the log you sent I see you playing two series.

The first time you shuffle play 6 episodes and watch 4 of them through and then stop.

Then you went to a different series and watched 1 (for some period of time) out of 41 and stopped.

Exactly where did the problem occur?

Please just directly play Season 1 Episode 2 of that series and let it go to the end.  Does it freeze up?

I'm not sure what is happening but no errors are being reported by anything.

Have you had the "Debug Options" turned on all this time (even before I requested a log)?  If so, try turning them off and see if maybe the problem goes away.

all4dom

I turned on the debug options Sunday afternoon after it happened and waited til the error happened again on Sunday evening to send it to you.

• 3 weeks later...
pir8radio

I was coming to report the same issue..  The dashboard shows that it is playing fine...  My bandwidth monitor on the server side shows its sending a video stream.. but the roku is just stuck on LOADING playing nothing.  Logs look normal on server.   Its strange that roku is reporting back to the server playing progress.    This is something with the roku or roku app.   I'm running a stick with latest software upgrades (just checked now).   When I hit the home button on the roku the emby dashboard shows that i stopped playback. Media is MKV, it started out direct playing then changed to transcoding 2.5mbps on the emby dashboard. Transcode logs show all playing well, Tried 3 movies, all mkv.  I have not used the roku app in a long time so I don't know when it started. My parents have been complaining of emby not working, I just have not had time to look into their issue yet, figured it was them... This is fresh playing of a movie no live tv or playlists, just trying to play movies.

Edited by pir8radio

I was coming to report the same issue..  The dashboard shows that it is playing fine...  My bandwidth monitor on the server side shows its sending a video stream.. but the roku is just stuck on LOADING playing nothing.  Logs look normal on server.   Its strange that roku is reporting back to the server playing progress.    This is something with the roku or roku app.   I'm running a stick with latest software upgrades (just checked now).   When I hit the home button on the roku the emby dashboard shows that i stopped playback. Media is MKV, it started out direct playing then changed to transcoding 2.5mbps on the emby dashboard. Transcode logs show all playing well, Tried 3 movies, all mkv.  I have not used the roku app in a long time so I don't know when it started. My parents have been complaining of emby not working, I just have not had time to look into their issue yet, figured it was them... This is fresh playing of a movie no live tv or playlists, just trying to play movies.

There was an issue in the beta line of the server as well this week so be sure you are on the latest of that if you are using beta.