Emby stops playing on roku

all4dom

Hi, I notice this is a resume. Does it also happen if you play from the beginning?

all4dom

Hi Luke and thanks for reaponding. It starts our playing fine and then it gets stuck on loading. I rebooted my server and started it all.over and it's playing fine and then it gets stuck loading. I hope you can fix this because the main use of 3mby is for my faughter. She is special needs and all she watches is one particular show.

Thanks

If you have any hardware acceleration enabled, can you try turning that off?

all4dom

I'm at work but I do have hardware acceleration turned on & I'll try it that way tonight when I get home.thank you.

all4dom

From the time I built my server (last march) to last week, everything worked fine. This past Saturday I did an update for roku & emby & that's when u had the issues.

all4dom

Ebr, would Intel turbo boost be considered hardware acceleration? If so I just turned it of and am going to play an episode right now and see what happens.

all4dom

Luke.....it did not get stuck at loading. The next episode played. Only thing I did was turn off turbo boost. My system is a skylark i5 with 8 gigs of ram and win 10. I use the integrated video. Nothing else really installed on the machine and it's main purpose is for emby. My server is downstairs and it streams to my daughter's roku premier via wifi. Hlmy house wifi is good throughout and I have streamed emby to my daughters roku, my sons roku and our tv in the living room via the firestick. I have run emby on my htpc also but that is ethernet connected.

Also, please be sure to include all the information requested there.  Thanks.

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

all4dom

Ok ebr and thank u very much. I will not be able to do this until Saturday as I work a second job and I have no free time until sat.

all4dom

@@Luke & Ebr, I just sent you the log.

What I am doping is selection a show & then just hitting the shuffle button to play random episodes. After a few episodes are completed it freezes at the loading screen & will not continue.

The time the log was sent was 8:11 PM & the user is all4dom. The player is a roku premier via wifi. I did also do the new server update.

server-63636412633.txt

server-63636412473.txt

ffmpeg-remux-21727929-2929-42a4-b4de-40b37d2653ba.txt

all4dom

oh & thank you very much. If there is anyone who gets a lot of usage out of emby its my little rugrat.

all4dom

I never hit the home button. I always hit the back button to exit emby & then start over.

In the log you sent I see you playing two series.

The first time you shuffle play 6 episodes and watch 4 of them through and then stop.

Then you went to a different series and watched 1 (for some period of time) out of 41 and stopped.

Exactly where did the problem occur?