Fonts not anti-aliased

AdrianW

AdrianW

I usually play around with MBT on my personal PC connected to a 2560x1440 monitor. MBT looks great at that res.

I've tried MBT a few times on my HTPC connected to a 1080p TV, and the text always looks bad - as if there's no anti-aliasing being applied.

If I switch from full screen to windowed then the text looks fine again - even if I stretch the window as close to 1920x1080 as I can.

I change the desktop res of my regular PC to 1920x1080 and the test still looks fine - it's only on my HTPC with my TV.

Note: all other text on my HTPC/TV looks perfect (Windows Desktop, Media Center, MB2, etc).

Fullscreen MBT on my HTPC:

9hVuHuk.png

Windowed on my HTPC:

LaWHW5N.png

Here's something weird I noticed when putting MBT into windowed mode - I get the normal MBT window, but there's an additional offset smaller black window behind, if I move the MBT window the offset window follows along but at about half the speed:

ZBL44t7.png

That secondary window is the video window - here's what I get if I play something:

PcOyBEM.png

I'd obviously normally use MBT in full screen mode - so the main problem here (at least for me) is the poor quality text.

Note: I don't have either of these issues on my regular PC.

Edited by AdrianW

AdrianW

So, I found the problem - it's because on my HTPC I'd set the "size of all items" to 150%, to make desktop text and icons larger to make them easier to read from across the room.

I changed it back to 100% and the fonts became smooth and the video window lined up with the MBT window properly.

To change the size of your desktop icons select one hold down the ctrl button then scroll your mouse wheel  (it wont change the text) but the icons are usually enough.

• Like 1