#1 AdrianW OFFLINE  

AdrianW

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 2464 posts
  • Local time: 11:36 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

I usually play around with MBT on my personal PC connected to a 2560x1440 monitor. MBT looks great at that res.

I've tried MBT a few times on my HTPC connected to a 1080p TV, and the text always looks bad - as if there's no anti-aliasing being applied.

If I switch from full screen to windowed then the text looks fine again - even if I stretch the window as close to 1920x1080 as I can.

I change the desktop res of my regular PC to 1920x1080 and the test still looks fine - it's only on my HTPC with my TV.

Note: all other text on my HTPC/TV looks perfect (Windows Desktop, Media Center, MB2, etc).

Fullscreen MBT on my HTPC:

9hVuHuk.png

Windowed on my HTPC:

LaWHW5N.png

Here's something weird I noticed when putting MBT into windowed mode - I get the normal MBT window, but there's an additional offset smaller black window behind, if I move the MBT window the offset window follows along but at about half the speed:

ZBL44t7.png

That secondary window is the video window - here's what I get if I play something:

PcOyBEM.png

I'd obviously normally use MBT in full screen mode - so the main problem here (at least for me) is the poor quality text.

Note: I don't have either of these issues on my regular PC.

Edited by AdrianW, 22 February 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#2 AdrianW OFFLINE  

AdrianW

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 2464 posts
  • Local time: 11:36 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

So, I found the problem - it's because on my HTPC I'd set the "size of all items" to 150%, to make desktop text and icons larger to make them easier to read from across the room.

I changed it back to 100% and the fonts became smooth and the video window lined up with the MBT window properly.

#3 Tikuf OFFLINE  

Tikuf

Obsolete User

• Members
  • 3626 posts
  • Local time: 02:36 PM

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

To change the size of your desktop icons select one hold down the ctrl button then scroll your mouse wheel  (it wont change the text) but the icons are usually enough.

• swhitmore likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Text, Font, antialias

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users