Having problems casting from phone to TV

billy24752

billy24752

any help appreciated.

about 6 months ago i changed my broadband provider to Plusnet, this enabled my house to get much quicker internet speeds of up to 12Mbps
now i know to a lot of you this is still incredibly slow but compare that to when I was struggling to achieve 2Mbps it feels like lightning.

anyway,

I used to stream my emby content via my Android phone to the tv in my bedroom via Chromecast, this worked fine. I need to use a signal Booster for my WIFI as I have a townhouse and my bedroom is on the top floor whereas my server is on the ground floor so in effect 3 floors apart.

however since getting the faster service there has been nothing but problems with this service, last night I tried watching a movie and it continually stopped started, I have done a speed test on the WIFI signal in my room and it averages out at around 8Mbps my PC which is hardwired gets 13Mbps.

I have the latest updates on my phone, both software and operating system, the Chromecast has no issue playing HD YouTube clips,

like I said any help much appreciated, I bloody love Emby and don't want to have to stop using it. cheers 

billy24752

thank you,

its difficult to explain in finite detail, basically when i load up the Emby app on my Sony Xperia Premium the app loads okay, i press the cast button and this is when it sometimes puts the emby screen on to the TV sometimes it doesn’t.

when it comes to playing the file it will either circle for a long time and nothing happens or the file will look as though it will play but then it just plays stop start so slow you cant hear any words the actors are saying as it breaks down each syllable

I have attached the log as requested

hi @@billy24752, in this log it appears you're playing from Emby Theater, right? I do not see any Chromecast or android playback here. Is this the right log?

billy24752

hi, that was the latest log i had available. 

I have attached a new Log I have no idea what its going on about I scrolled down to near the bottom and it states Xpria XZ premium so hopefully that will be what's required.

my set up is Emby Theatre on my PC which I have attached to my main Television. 

then I leave the PC on with Emby server playing tp enable me to access my movie library via my phone then cast the movie to the TV in my bedroom./ 

server-63635587202 to Use.txt

hi @@billy24752, are you saying you cast to the TV in the bedroom using Chromecast? I ask because even in your most recent log I do not see any connectivity from any Chromecast devices. Can you explain what exactly happened? thanks !

billy24752

sorry thought I had explained it but obviously not. 

I play the media via my mobile and cast it to my TV using the google Chromecast, 

the issues when they arise is that the TV shows/movies stop start when they play literally not playing continuously for more than 2 sec's.

I will try and look for another log which may help. will they be in the main log folder or do I need to look somewhere else? 

Can you open the web app detail screen for one of these videos and copy and paste the media info from the bottom of the screen and supply it here? thanks.

billy24752

sorry mate I am being a bit thick, what do you mean. 

treat me like you would a small child 

Are you able to locate the video in the emby web app? I presume yes since that is where you are casting from right?

I want to see the information located at the bottom of the detail screen from the phone. It's under the Media Info heading. Do you see that?

billy24752

I couldn’t find the file that you are talking about so I attached two screen grabs not sure if this will help

post-61625-0-66012700-1500581119_thumb.png

post-61625-0-98138600-1500581145_thumb.png

I would suggest going into app settings for the casting app and setting the max chromecast bitrate to 1mbps. If that successfully plays, then you can continue to raise it until you encounter a problem. I think our defaults on Auto are probably just too aggressive for your network. thanks.