Cannot play movies I synced to my mobile

sse450

sse450

The server converts and sends the movie to my Android mobile without any problem. Android emby app and the server both show that the file is downloaded. I tried everything under the sun (well almost) to play the movie by Android emby app to no avail.

1. Using a file manager I can see the movie is there on the mobile.

2. Downloads tab shows that it is downloaded 100%.

3. I created emby folder on the external sd card and also on the internal storage. The path was defined on offline sync page of the Android emby app. Both downloaded but failed to play.

4. mxplayer plays the movie on Android just fine.

5. Downloaded sign is visible on the detail page of the movie in the Movies library.

6. When I click play button, the circle endlessly turns and nothing plays.

But there is something strange which perhaps gives a hint to you: The movie doesn't play but when the mobile sleeps after being inactive for some time, the movie name looks visible on the screen as if the movie is playing.

By the way, how am I supposed to reach the downloaded movies with emby app on Android. The movies library shows green downward arrow on movie poster among many others which are not downloaded. Is there an easy way to access just the downloaded movies? Perhaps Select server ---> Downloaded Media?

Thanks for your support.

23e1310a-af89-41bf-94ec-da260f468567.log

• 2 weeks later...

@@sse450

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !