Daily Specials

Theodore

Theodore

It would be awesome on the Suggestions page to include a grouping for movies that are relevent/special to that day that are in the user's collection. For example:

December 31/January 1: Strange Days

February 2nd: Ground Hog Day

May 4: Star Wars: Episode 4

June 6: Saving Private Ryan

July 4: Independence Day

November 5: V For Vendetta

Thanksgiving: Trains, Planes and Automobiles

October 31: Nightmare Before Christmas, Trick r' Treat

December 24/25: It's A Wonderful Life, Scrooged, Die Hard, Gremlins, etc.

I am sure there are MANY more movies to be included on these dates and many other dates to include as well, but basically a list somewhere in the server/interface that shows suggestions for movies or shows to watch that day because they have relevance to that day (such as already done - or was last year - for special Halloween and Christmas/Winter themes).

• Like 2

Smitty018210

That would be interesting, but you have to remember not everyone lives in the same country or celebrates the same holidays. My guess is that would be a lot of work for the developers to try and accommodate all of the different users nationalities and backgrounds. :)

Untoten

That would be interesting, but you have to remember not everyone lives in the same country or celebrates the same holidays. My guess is that would be a lot of work for the developers to try and accommodate all of the different users nationalities and backgrounds. :)

Not necessarily.  They could just use the abundant holiday calendars available online and let Emby server admins set either category of 'holiday special' to movies or statically set a movie/collection or a holiday.  Just give the admins of the servers the possibility and let them do the configurations.

Smitty018210

Not necessarily.  They could just use the abundant holiday calendars available online and let Emby server admins set either category of 'holiday special' to movies or statically set a movie/collection or a holiday.  Just give the admins of the servers the possibility and let them do the configurations.

I see your point. However admins of a server already have to ability to create collection base off the media on their own servers. i.e. for holidays or events base on their personal lives. I can understand the want for this to more automated however this seems more like a plugin rather than a need for a change in the core system. 

Edited by Smitty018210
  • Like 2

The Emby holiday themes already do some of this but it is just based off of genres because that is the data we have available.

To do exactly what you are asking would require some sort of database of dates and related movies and it would need to be kept up to date and be localized.

Neat idea...