CoverArt Issues with 4.0.35.0

PenkethBoy

Happy2Play

@@PenkethBoy

Do you have the "Use original art aspect ratio" enabled?  I get stretched images like that with it enabled.

PenkethBoy

Yes i did and turned it off

and this is what i see now

59a7011033bfa_Capture5.jpg

and as flat

59a7012d93598_Capture6.jpg

i expanded the screen to 4k to see if the large screen width would allow for large collection image sizes

59a7017051bb7_Capture7.jpg

i went to look at the collection screen and

59a701a9985f0_Capture8.jpg

they are bigger (4k screen full width again)

looked at a few images on disk and essentially they have a square aspect ratio ~700x700 - should that be the case? I thought they would have a portrait a/r?

looked at a few images on disk and essentially they have a square aspect ratio ~700x700 - should that be the case? I thought they would have a portrait a/r?

Not when you add those discs to the right side...

So, looks like it is working for you now.

PenkethBoy

Not sure what you mean about the right side?

No it not working for me - its not how it was with ImageMagic the images are not displaying correctly in my opinion - close but not visually appealing enough to use

Plus all the artifacts (see first post) - which has not been mentioned - is it on your list to look at?

I think, in the context of this particular issue (the box set treatment discs and shape), it is working properly now.

This screen looks fine to me - agree?

59a701a9985f0_Capture8.jpg

As far as this screen...

59a7017051bb7_Capture7.jpg

A long time ago (and even in the MB2 days) I wrote a long post explaining this issue.  The cliff notes are that, when you have items with different shapes (aspect ratios) attempting to display in the same view you have two options - you either distort the images to all be the same shape or you fit the images into the same box which will cause some of them to appear smaller than others.

In one of your previous screen grabs they were being distorted so that they could be the same height and you thought that was a problem (I agree).  So this is option two and the only reasonable way to display them.

Not sure what you mean about the right side?

I mean we took a portrait image (the poster) and added more image to the right side of it (the discs) thus causing the shape of the overall image to now be very close to square.

This display issue (mixed shapes in the same view) is why the CA treatments that show the little discs on the cover instead of coming out of it were created - those treatments don't change the overall shape of the item so don't suffer from this problem.

Make sense now...?

PenkethBoy

Yes the treatments work now :)

If there is not a way to deal with different aspect ratios on one page then thats fine - maybe a warning on the boxset config page in coverart might be a good idea explaining as above?

While i was waiting for this i have moved to the "Stack" option for box sets and this is now my prefered option :)

59a81b3408a1c_Capture.jpg

works nicely as similar A/R :)

Yes the treatments work now :)

If there is not a way to deal with different aspect ratios on one page then thats fine - maybe a warning on the boxset config page in coverart might be a good idea explaining as above?

While i was waiting for this i have moved to the "Stack" option for box sets and this is now my prefered option :)

59a81b3408a1c_Capture.jpg

works nicely as similar A/R :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Nick's MCE

Hi

Could  you please tell me what I need to do to fix this issue or should it just happen through the up-date?? As of now it isn't fixed for me and I removed and re-installed Coverart.

Thanks

Nick

The discs getting cut off is resolved for the next cover art update, and that is already available for the current beta server, and will be available for the next stable server once that is released. thanks.