CoverArt Issues with 4.0.35.0

PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

As report previously cover art 4.0.35.0 (towards the send of the tread)has issues with treatments https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48099-covertart-40320/ 

New stable server 3.2.22.0

1) Box set treatments have issues e.g. SapphireDiscs - displays ok within plugin config screen

Config screen

5958f2ef815c0_Capture.jpg

Movie Page

5958f30ad4359_Capture2.jpg

If you apply an angle you get in the config screen

5958f390cf630_Capture3.jpg

And how it now looks in Movie page

5958f3bc6de4a_Capture4.jpg

To me i looks like the treatment is created to large which possibly is part of the problem

I have tried several of the different treatments and at different angles and the vast majority do not display well - specifically i think they all are slightly different to the previous version that was ok 4.0.29.0 - which i think was with Imagemagic - the new version is faster but results are not as good yet.

The Fan option has issues :)

5958f56980fa3_Capture5.jpg

2) The Rounded Treatment still has artifact issues

5958f6b87da13_Capture6.jpg

Couple of examples from TV Shows

5958f6e8b7c08_Capture7.jpg

5958f70245fdb_Capture8.jpg

I have attached a log which shows quite a few errors related to cover art - this log covers my various attempts to try out various settings to find something that works and i like the look of

Edited by PenkethBoy
  • Like 1

PenkethBoy

Hi @@Luke

Done manually by picking the movies to add to the collection via the web interface on chrome - they have been like that for a long time - not created a new one in months

khodges747

I have the same issues with CoverArt 4.0.35. Almost every single treatment is messed up. I use folder view in Theater, and the following are not correct:

Folder

Collection

Media Folder

I tried downgrading to past versions of CA but that did not help.

This is VERY ugly.

I have the same issues with CoverArt 4.0.35. Almost every single treatment is messed up. I use folder view in Theater, and the following are not correct:

Folder

Collection

Media Folder

I tried downgrading to past versions of CA but that did not help.

This is VERY ugly.

What exactly is the issue that you are having?

khodges747

The Fan treatment for Folders and Media Folders is no longer available. The selected treatment (no matter which one you choose) uses a landscape AR rather than a portrait AR. The 9 items shown are all folders with multiple items inside.

595af93ea79ba_NewCoverArtnofantreatment.

The Collections folder is specified as Disks (3 DVDs sticking out of a case) but the actual treatment is not that at all, and the AR is distorted (too tall).

595af9775d3f9_Newcollectionsfolder.png

The individual Collection treatment is specified as Disks (3 DVDs sticking out of a case) but the actual treatment is not that, at all. You can detect part of the disks sticking out the left side of the case, not the right side.

595af98f9004b_Newcollection.png

Basically it's a big hot mess. Tell me how I can get an older version of CA to work again, please.

PenkethBoy

@@khodges747

on my stable server i went back to 3.2.20.0 and installed .29 coverart

- i uninstalled coverart first and deleted all the folders in the cache folders for coverart and the settings xml file for coverart

reinstalled the old server - then installed .29 coverart via the plugin catalogue 

this works - one issue is the boxset treatment example is not visible in the plugin interface - but it still gets applied like it did

Will wait till this gets fixed before trying again on my stable box

I have a temporary update I will push to the plugin just so that things align properly. It will use plain discs for boxsets treatment and then it works as expected. We can do that while we investigate the issue. Thanks.

• Like 1

khodges747

@@khodges747

on my stable server i went back to 3.2.20.0 and installed .29 coverart

- i uninstalled coverart first and deleted all the folders in the cache folders for coverart and the settings xml file for coverart

reinstalled the old server - then installed .29 coverart via the plugin catalogue 

this works - one issue is the boxset treatment example is not visible in the plugin interface - but it still gets applied like it did

Will wait till this gets fixed before trying again on my stable box

@@PenkethBoy

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I'll just wait for a fix from Luke. I can live with the ugly interface in the meantime.

I put out a cover art update to fix the boxset disc treatments. the fan treatment is still having an issue.

khodges747

Thanks Luke, that helps.

Still, the AR of the BoxSets (Collections) folder is not right (too tall). I posted about this in the Theater forum before I realized it was a CA problem. https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48606-collections-folder-aspect-ratio/

post-1660-0-40156800-1499341433_thumb.png

The current individual BoxSet treatment is slightly different from the former, in that the right side of the discs is cut off. I prefer the older version.

New Boxset treatment  post-1660-0-78254300-1499342107_thumb.png

Former BoxSet treatment  post-1660-0-52578000-1499339892_thumb.png

And of course the Fan treatment still needs to be fixed, as you know.

khodges747

Any update on this problem?

The latest version of CA (4.0.36) only fixed a couple of issues.

There is no multicase treatment (such as Fan) for folders or media folders. If the Fan treatment from older versions of CA is inherited in this version, the treatment is downright ugly.

The BoxSet treatment is not nearly as nice as it was in older versions of CA.

• 1 month later...
Nick's MCE

Hi

Just deleted all my old 3d boxset folders so I can use the coverart boxset options. Seems to cut the discs off on the right, this happens no matter which type of case I use. 

See screenshot

Thanks

Nick59955fa744400_Screenshot20170817191333.p

Here is a sample of mine... same thing. It's been this way for a while. Here is a thread I've been following regarding this.

599b4cc3ca4f6_collection.png

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48791-coverart-issues-with-40350/?hl=coverart

Take a look at the post and images uploaded from Khodges747 almost at the bottom of the thread he posted this on 7/6/17

The current individual BoxSet treatment is slightly different from the former, in that the right side of the discs is cut off. I prefer the older version.

New Boxset treatment  post-1660-0-78254300-1499342107_thumb.pn

Former BoxSet treatment  post-1660-0-52578000-1499339892_thumb.pn

And of course the Fan treatment still needs to be fixed, as you know.

Nick's MCE

Well it would seem this has been going on for a couple of months, any chance it might get fixed!.

I just deleted over 200 hand made 3D cases to convert my whole collection to  the new system, not too happy.

Happy2Play

In any case, please try this version. You'll need to bust your image caches, or better yet, test with a brand new boxset. thanks.

This version works on beta server.

I edited image on a boxset to force refresh the cached image.

As you can see the refreshed image vs non-refreshed image.

59a669dad40c3_refresh.jpg

Nick's MCE

This version works on beta server.

I edited image on a boxset to force refresh the cached image.

As you can see the refreshed image vs non-refreshed image.

59a669dad40c3_refresh.jpg

Nice 12 rounds artwork, I actually made those covers and all the discs for the whole set. I will try the refresh thing myself

PenkethBoy

@@Luke

i just tried this on the stable server and this is what i see with a "flat" treatment

59a6842639de3_Capture.jpg

or with angle - 3 clicks to the right

59a68450a51ef_Capture2.jpg

Definately looks better with an angle applied - the look and ratio do vary a bit depending how wide your browser is - on a 4k monitor if i use the full width the angled collections look fine until about 1/3 screen width then they start to "distort" - not a CA issue but its all about the visual. With the flat treatment changing the size of the screen width does not improve the visual experience - other autosize code in the web page getting in the way?????

This is what i see on the Collections page

59a686aa8d4df_Capture3.jpg

And flat

59a686c42f8a0_Capture4.jpg

As its been a couple of months since the switch - my memory maybe off - but i think ImageMagic was less distorted for the main movie poster and possibly showed less of the disks images but i could be wrong on that.

@@Luke

i just tried this on the stable server and this is what i see with a "flat" treatment

59a6842639de3_Capture.jpg

or with angle - 3 clicks to the right

59a68450a51ef_Capture2.jpg

Definately looks better with an angle applied - the look and ratio do vary a bit depending how wide your browser is - on a 4k monitor if i use the full width the angled collections look fine until about 1/3 screen width then they start to "distort" - not a CA issue but its all about the visual. With the flat treatment changing the size of the screen width does not improve the visual experience - other autosize code in the web page getting in the way?????

This is what i see on the Collections page

59a686aa8d4df_Capture3.jpg

And flat

59a686c42f8a0_Capture4.jpg

As its been a couple of months since the switch - my memory maybe off - but i think ImageMagic was less distorted for the main movie poster and possibly showed less of the disks images but i could be wrong on that.

Can you find one of those images in your image cache and look at it?

I'm thinking the UI is distorting them, not the treatment.