Emby Collections in Kodi

heula
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

heula

I have Emby plugin Auto Box Sets installed to get my collections created. I see those collections in Emby theater but I want them also in Kodi visable.

I can't find them any where.

Is it possible to have those Emby collections visable in Kodi?

Thanks.

• Solution
Angelblue05

Yes, you have to tell Kodi to group your titles into boxsets. I'm not sure which Kodi version you are using, but usually you'll find the option in Kodi settings > videos > group movies into sets or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

heula

Yes, you have to tell Kodi to group your titles into boxsets. I'm not sure which Kodi version you are using, but usually you'll find the option in Kodi settings > videos > group movies into sets or something like that.

I had that turned on but I needed to reset my database. All good now.

hoppel118

It's a typical issue for me:

- If I get a new collection at the emby server and my Kodi client is off, I have to reset the Kodi database to see the new collection as a set in Kodi.

- If I get a new collection at the emby server and my Kodi client is on, I see the update directly and I do not have to reset the Kodi database to see the new collection as a set in Kodi.

Edited by hoppel118

An update to the addon is coming soon, with no more server plugin needed anymore. i don't think that will happen anymore at that point.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I had that turned on but I needed to reset my database. All good now.

Hm. That was probably not needed. You just needed to run a repair for boxsets and it would have forced to update your boxsets in Kodi, with your latest autoboxsets info. Anyway, glad it's good now :)

• Like 1

hoppel118

Hm. That was probably not needed. You just needed to run a repair for boxsets and it would have forced to update your boxsets in Kodi, with your latest autoboxsets info. Anyway, glad it's good now :)

Good to know. Until now I resetted the database "everytime" I got a new boxset. Thanks Edited by hoppel118
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, I'm working on improving the process like Luke said. So things like that won't be missed when you start Kodi.

• Like 1

heula

I notice that changes are not picked up automaticly. My boxsets did not contain all movies so I adde them to excisting boxsets but after opening Kodi those changed were not updated. Manual refresh didn't either so only a database reset will pick up all changes.

Even changes made to images are not picked up automaticly. Deleting the thumbnail folder doesn't do the trick here either so also for this a database reset is the only way to get all changes visable in Kodi.

Earlier I already noticed that new added episodes are not picked up as long as Kodi is restarted. This happened after I changed my setup because kodi krypton did not hide my empty tv shows anymore with Emby links.

After changing the Emby links to Kodi labels all my empty tv shows were gone but a new issue was born.

There is a topic from me where you confirmed that yourself I thought.

Maybe this can be looked into?

Thanks

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I didn't say a manual sync. I was talking about a repair sync (you should be able to select repair movies) and that should refresh your movies to add your boxsets.

The manual sync doesn't include refresh boxsets but it will once I'm done updating it.

Are you able to find the link to the topic ur talking? Sorry, it's a bit difficult to search for anything from my phone.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

heula

I didn't say a manual sync. I was talking about a repair sync (you should be able to select repair movies) and that should refresh your movies to add your boxsets.

The manual sync doesn't include refresh boxsets but it will once I'm done updating it.

Are you able to find the link to the topic ur talking? Sorry, it's a bit difficult to search for anything from my phone.

You are right, the database repair did work indeed..

Will your update also include instant detecting of new added items and deleted items. That always worked but after using the Kodi labels instead of Emby links it didn't anymore.

Thanks.

Edited by heula
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I honestly don't know what you mean by kodi labels/emby links.

heula

In this topic are images with the Emby links I ment.

In this topic are images with the Kodi links I ment.

Hope this makes sense to you now?

In the second link I already mentioned the issue with new added and deleted items while Kodi is running. Changes are only visable after restarting Kodi.

Edited by heula

Angelblue05

@@heula

Thanks for the links. Ok I will check it out. The fast sync is not going to be part of the add-on for much longer, so we'll revisit things with the next update.

While Kodi is running, it doesn't depend on the fast sync, it should be live updates. Can you provide your log for that one? While Kodi is running, update something in the webclient, wait a few moments then grab the log. Thanks.