Auto organize files to hidden folders

heula

heula

Because of a problem with Kodi and empty tv shows not hidden when I empty I busy trying to get a workaround working.

For that I need Emby to auto organize files to hidden folders.

I a way Emby does this already but only before a library scan is done.

When a folder is set to hidden and a library scan is finisht the auto organize will not work for that folder.

When a folder is set to hidden and no library scan will be started auto organize will work just fine for that folder.

Back in the days I had powershell scripts running that detected folders with a certain amount of mb in them and folders without certain amount of mb in them and the sript did set to folder(s) to hidden or unhidden.

That was working perfectly to have empty tv shows hidden in Emby classic. That same trick I want to do now fort as long this issue is there with Kodi not hiding emty tv shows.

Perhaps this is an emby addon or fast startup sync issue but no one has responded to this topic yet.

Is this possible please?

It would be really helpfull for me.

Thanks

Angelblue05

You could use the built kodi setting to hide empty tv show. I don't recall where it is, probably under settings > video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heula

You could use the built kodi setting to hide empty tv show. I don't recall where it is, probably under settings > video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not working anymore. Since Krypton.

No help on the Kodi forum so far.

heula

This request is no longer needed. I found another solution to the problem.

heula

When I select the series folders from the Emby addon all empty shows are visable.

The solution to get those empty shows hidden is selecting the tv show folders from the "labels" provided by Kodi.

I always went to Videolibrary - and selected there the folder provide by emby.

Now I go to Videolibrary - Series - Labels - TV show folder.

Old methode

9Zjjcv1.jpg

Result

YhpLSEC.jpg

Working methode

G9y51bq.jpg

ZVtWPZO.jpg

uxjdtus.jpg

Result

YNGtq7X.jpg

Still don't know why it works this way and not the other way and if this is Kodi or Emby addon related but me for this is the way it works like I want it to work.

• Like 2

Angelblue05

The thing with Emby for Kodi is the moment the empty show syncs to Kodi, it's there unless you reset your database. If it becomes empty, there's no mechanism to remove the entry from Kodi.

But again, your solution is the best one, the whole point of Emby for Kodi is for you to use Kodi features, like smart playlists, with your Emby content. That's why content is imported into the Kodi library.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
heula

The one thing I have now is that The "Fast Startup Sync" no longer detects new and deleted items when Kodi is active. I need to close Kodi an restart it to get the new and deleted items detected. Is this normal behavior with this method or should tjis be working the same as when I select the folders from the Emby addon?

Refreshing or updating the Kodi library doesn't help here.