Access token is invalid or expired.

PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy
2017-06-22 13:16:49.2915 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.52:9096/emby/system/info?format=json. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 7.0; F5121 Build/34.2.A.0.333)
2017-06-22 13:16:49.2915 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.20.10
	Command line: D:\Emby2\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: D:\Emby2
	Application directory: D:\Emby2\System
	MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.SecurityException: Access token is invalid or expired.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IServiceRequest request, String token)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__75.MoveNext()
	MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.SecurityException
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IServiceRequest request, String token)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__75.MoveNext()

This error appears approx every 30 mins in my server log - its been like this for a while (serveral server versions) - wondering whats causing it?

An app's credentials are no longer valid but it is still polling the server periodically. You should post this in the android tv section so that we can investigate why it's doing that. I'll just move the topic. Thanks.

PenkethBoy

Ok - could it be (if android tv) that i have not run the app on the tv recently?

I don't see anything here that would lead me to believe this is the Android TV app.

PenkethBoy

i tried out my tv last night with Emby and no change to the error - app worked fine (17g)

checking more closely the error is coming from my Sony Xperia X - which is odd as the app does not show any errors when in use

it is the beta app should that be significant

I'm thinking Luke was correct with his guess here:

Actually this could also be the background syncing from the mobile app.

PenkethBoy

ok

but is there a fix/work around?

31500 posts wow :)

We will look at potential improvements to the background sync process in a future update, thanks !

PenkethBoy

Hi @@Luke

I think i found the cause of the "Access token is invalid or expired."

I found on my mobile that the server (beta) was listed twice on the "Choose a server screen" so rather than having two (Stable and Beta) server options i had three - i.e. two beta's - same name and ip address

My guess is that the background syncing was trying to happen twice and the server was rejecting the second.

I have deleted the duplicate server and the errors that used to occur every 30 mins or so have stopped.

Have no idea how the duplicate was created as have not been to that screen on my phone in months - would changing to the beta app a couple of weeks ago have any affect - i guess not - but only thing i can think off that has changed other than normal app updates etc