About photos and slideshow

cchsieh

cchsieh

I use SHIELD TV 2017 to show my home photos, and have some question.

1. I can't use left / right button to change the previous / next photo. I tested bluetooth keyboard and SHIELD TV remote, and all are not working. I read the link ( https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26821-coming-soon-photos/ ) and it seems have the ability to control by left and right button. So how can I do ?

2. Is it possible to add a PLAY button for slideshow on the screen? I know I can use the play button on SHIELD TV remote, but I need to tell my family and they always forget =.=, because they seldom use the photo function and the PLAY button of SHIELD TV doesn't have any mark on the remote control. If there's a PLAY button on the screen, I don't need to tell them anything and they know how to do it. Thanks a lot.

3. About the sorting of photo directory names ... I have the directory name like 

"20100914 Birhday" ,

"20101001-1020 Travel to Taipei" , 

"20111214 Swimming" , 

"20120505-0506 Scuba diving" 

I want the sorting is the above, but the actual sorting of emby will be the following

"20100914 Birhday" , 

"20111214 Swimming" , 

"20101001-1020 Travel to Taipei" , 

"20120505-0506 Scuba diving" 

The directory of sorting will group together with "-" and without "-" and then the date group will divide into two part.

So, any way to resolve the situation ?

Edited by cchsieh

1 - I'm not aware of any issues with left/right during the slide show. Can anyone else confirm?

2 - On which screen?  Photos don't have a detail screen...

3 - These are going to sort alphabetically.  If you don't wish to change the actual folder names, you could edit their sort names using the server metadata manager.

cchsieh

1. My situation is ...... If manually show photo, right/left button is useless. If press PLAY and enter slide show, only left button works (go back the previous photo), and then it enters manual mode, and no button works.

2. Maybe ... After entering a photo directory, the screen will show all photos and put a PLAY button upper with other options. Or someplace in the following screen.

594be9cd4d012_20170622_231729.jpg

Just a suggestion. 

3. If sorting by the first word then the second then the thrid ... , it should sort as what I want. So it's very strange for me.

Edited by cchsieh

Make sure there isn't already something in the sort name field for those folders as well.

cchsieh

I create a test directories for photo test and only english charactors. The sorting result of windows file explorer and emby (web) :

594c5d509fbfb_Z2.jpg

594c5d64381c0_Z1.jpg

If you right click one of those that appears to be "out of order" and select "edit info" is there anything in the sort name field?

cchsieh

I checked the last four directories with "-" and there's nothing in the field "Sort title".

594c6804a7233_Z.jpg

Edited by cchsieh

I would just double check them all and make sure they have no sort title.

If they still don't sort the way you want then you will need to use a custom sort title to control this.

cchsieh

I check all directories and nothing in the field "Sort title".

I do more test. I change "-" to "~" in the directory name and then the sorting is correct now. It is a solution for me now, but I still think the sorting behavior is wierd :P :P :P .

594e0eedafa7c_z.jpg

Thanks anyway.

I check all directories and nothing in the field "Sort title".

I do more test. I change "-" to "~" in the directory name and then the sorting is correct now. It is a solution for me now, but I still think the sorting behavior is wierd :P :P :P .

594e0eedafa7c_z.jpg

Thanks anyway.

Possible that naming convention was somehow being mistaken for something like an episode...?

Not possible in a photo library. I think our alpha numeric sorting algorithms may still need some adjustment in certain situations such as this, at least to make it match windows explorer. But he can override manually via sort titles.