takes 2 tries to play almost everything now while disks spin up

mgworek
Go to solution Solved by mgworek,

mgworek

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Started a couple of weeks ago. No idea if it was the latest update to kodi or maybe something changed with emby server?

My unraid disks go to sleep. Its been this way for a couple of years. I am used to this happening with the first show i watch a night.

Now it is happening with every show. first try sits there and sits there and sits there and kodi finally tells me it failed. try again and it starts. 

I know it could be something on my end since my disks go to sleep but like i said, was working fine before so just wanted your thoughts.

Thanks.

mgworek

sure. wasn't sure if it was worth posting them at first. I will do that this weekend when I get the chance.

Thanks

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hopefully it'll show us why it's failing playback the first time. Enable Kodi debug but remember the time you test so it's easier to search your log. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Solution
mgworek

No idea why but after it happening for a couple of weeks it seems to have been fixed. I haven't had the problem in a couple of days.

If it starts happing again for a couple of days in a row I will get the logs and post again.

Thanks!

mgworek

I am not going to say this is what was going on but I just want to leave my thoughts just in case anyone else has this problem.

I upgrade unraid to 6.3.5 on June 4th. I believe that is around the time the problems started.

I upgraded unraid to 6.4-rc4 on June 17th and I don't think I've had the problem since.

• Like 1