Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Sammy
2 hours ago, chef said:

Oh,  yeah, I can put them back. I was just thinking utility over anything. That's cool. I liked them as well.

The one thing that is bonkers in the UI (always drove me nuts) is trying to sort the table data properly because it gets requested in  promised and always arrives to the UI our of order.  

I wonder about using async/await instead of promises. I can try that out.

1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

It's all about WHY we are displaying the poster - if it slows down performance, then my view is remove them as to me personally it add's nothing to the function.  If I see a show called 'GoT' - I don't need a poster of 'GoT' to confirm what I already know.. 

When this runs for 'real' - and you have 100's of shows - a drop down menu of items is not going to be very manageable - so I expect a table would be a much more efficient way to show this and they cannot hope to have posters.

Why pull the posters during the scan? Once set up properly one will probably never need to look at the Plugin results page but if one does it is nice to have the poster.. Nevertheless, if it is merely a table of results like being shown in current iterations the posters will be too small to matter anyhow.

Sammy
On 8/13/2021 at 4:45 PM, samuelqwe said:

Those tasks are in the wrong order, so Episode Audio Fingerprinting needs to be run before Detect Episode Title Sequence.

In your screenshot, it looks like you didn’t run the Detect Episode Title Sequence task after the fingerprinting process.

@chef How about switching the task order in the plugin?

chef
54 minutes ago, Sammy said:

@chef How about switching the task order in the plugin?

Yes,  we have to rename the tasks because emby will display them in alphabetical order.

chef

When I set the intro encoding length to 20 minutes, I got almost every title sequence missed at 15 minutes.

I think the default needs to be 20min. The good news is the scan is really fast because we are only using ffmpeg, so it will be hardly noticeable.

In fact we probably don't need to log the successes anymore, only the failures, and that will  keep plugins log writing minimal.

introskipdb8.thumb.png.d6f9b3ee4a6c920b36f65a3b2da28d3b.png

Edited by chef
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

samuelqwe
4 minutes ago, chef said:

When I set the intro encoding length to 20 minutes, I got almost every title sequence missed at 15 minutes.

I think the default needs to be 20min. The good news is the scan is really fast because we are only using ffmpeg, so it will be hardly noticeable.

introskipdb8.thumb.png.d6f9b3ee4a6c920b36f65a3b2da28d3b.png

A 20 minute default seems like a good idea especially if it’s fast. Personally, I think using a percentage could be even better, but it may be slightly harder to implement. So it’s probably best to keep it simple for now.

I’m really looking forward to seeing just how much faster it is by using only FFmpeg.

• Agree 2

rbjtech

Is there a new version to test @chef using the database - or is this not ready for testing yet ? (maybe include the Windows pre-compiled ffmpeg in the build for those that need to make that change - strictly on an isolated Alpha test ?)

The reason I ask is I'm still having a lot of trouble with S1 of GoT, S2 etc are fine, but for S1 it just won't get the times correct for some reason.  I've changed to 20 mins, removed all the files manually in the working area etc - it's very odd as I've worked though the actual media but still can't see where it's going wrong...

I'm hoping the new detection method may fix it ?

Thanks !

Edited by rbjtech

chef
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Is there a new version to test @chef using the database - or is this not ready for testing yet ? (maybe include the Windows pre-compiled ffmpeg in the build for those that need to make that change - strictly on an isolated Alpha test ?)

The reason I ask is I'm still having a lot of trouble with S1 of GoT, S2 etc are fine, but for S1 it just won't get the times correct for some reason.  I've changed to 20 mins, removed all the files manually in the working area etc - it's very odd as I've worked though the actual media but still can't see where it's going wrong...

I'm hoping the new detection method may fix it ?

Thanks !

Does it detect improper time stamps, or it doesn't detect any?

If we look at GOT season one episode one, what is the actual start time for the intro, is it really far into the stream? Beyond the twenty minute marker?I think we need to make a condition that handles  runtimes greater then 45 min, we need to take a bigger chunk for encoding. 

Let me add that and then I can post something here. 

Edit: in my collection GOT episode 1 title sequence starts at 7:16, and episode 2 starts at 0:23 seconds.

So the encoding length should grab it without an issue.  

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

rbjtech

For Season 1 they are improper timestamps (see below).  Intro should be 1min 52sec mark.   Season 2 is perfect.

I've attached the actual fingerprints, as this may be useful.

I'm going to try and increase the duration to 30 minutes+ to see if that fixes it - it's very weird..

got1.thumb.PNG.98e4097f1e4444a13bb55afdd1e11fac.PNG

got2.thumb.PNG.fc5296100ca0b432f3d69a2fde83e70e.PNG

Game of Thrones (2010).zip

rbjtech

So looking at the actual media files themselves - some of the Intro's start immediately with no 'recap' - others have a recap of 1:29 before the Intro starts.  Would this make any difference ?

Season 2 all have recaps - so that sort of makes sense.

I'm going to remove the 'no recap' episodes to see if my theory is correct ..

chef
20 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

So looking at the actual media files themselves - some of the Intro's start immediately with no 'recap' - others have a recap of 1:29 before the Intro starts.  Would this make any difference ?

Season 1 episode 1 looks right, but season 1 episode 2 didn't recap any storyline, and the intro started at the beginning of the stream, so that one is time-stamped incorrectly.

Unless, did your version of season 1 episode 2 have a recap??

I'm running GOT right now to see my results.

rbjtech
36 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Hmm no - that didn't work either.  wtf is going on !  So the only episodes left in season 1 all have 'recaps' - the same as Season 2 - but it still gets the timings wrong ...

It will be interesting what yours shows .. 

chef

Some good news. I am seeing good data on Game of thrones. 

introskipdb9.thumb.png.279216c054812ec26d3b07a86d31232e.png

if this last scan turns out ok and the task doesn't fail, I'll put the dll here.

rbjtech

is that correct ?  the Intro for GoT is 1min 52 Seconds long. - Most of those are nowhere near that ?  Your header even says is only 31 seconds long ?

• Like 1

samuelqwe
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

is that correct ?  the Intro for GoT is 1min 52 Seconds long. - Most of those are nowhere near that ?  Your header even says is only 31 seconds long ?

Is the intro the same length on all episodes in season 1?

rbjtech
1 minute ago, samuelqwe said:

Is the intro the same length on all episodes in season 1?

Yes - it's the same Intro for all episodes across all seasons.

Edited by rbjtech

chef
3 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Yes data's good, the title is incorrect. The intro to GOT is very very long. Good catch, I don't think I update the title correctly when switching series. That title is for Archer 2009.

rbjtech
1 minute ago, chef said:

Yes data's good, the title is incorrect. The intro to GOT is very very long. Good catch, I don't think I update the title correctly when switching series. That title is for Archer 2009.

ah-ha - lol, it's the title view that I'm using to compare to the real media.   Whew - I thought I was going nuts !

samuelqwe
4 minutes ago, chef said:

Still seems wrong though, as @rbjtech pointed out the intros should be close to 2 minutes long, and those timestamps in your screenshot don’t reflect that.  

Edited by samuelqwe

chef
Just now, rbjtech said:

ah-ha - lol, it's the title view that I'm using to compare to the real media.   Whew - I thought I was going nuts !

Sorry about that. The title view is actually irrelevant. Maybe I should remove it?

rbjtech

This is what I mean by the Title View - I've been using these values.  For Season 2, they are spot on - it's just Season 1 that is wrong.

But if you are saying the data is correct, I guess it must just be a display issue ?  But why just GoT - my other test shows are ok .. 

For testing, this view is very important..

a.thumb.PNG.e032775037cf5defca33dd91e3c78446.PNG

chef
56 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

Still seems wrong though, as @rbjtech pointed out the intros should be close to 2 minutes long, and those timestamps in your screenshot don’t reflect that.  

Yeah I see that now. The intro for episode 1 ends at 9:00 minutes. the start time is okay.

samuelqwe
5 minutes ago, chef said:

Yeah I see that now. The intro for episode 1 ends at 9:00 minutes. the start time is okay.

Start times seem to be fine, so it would be interesting to see why it’s going wrong at the end.

If possible, could you send me the .bin fingerprint files for season 1? I’d like to perform some tests to find out why it isn’t working.

• Like 1