Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

rbjtech
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Hopefully this question is less dumb than my ones from yesterday: what happens if I import all my timings, then later on go back and use MKVToolnix to add chapters to an episode which previously did not have any (but does have an intro and/or credits marker)?

It's a good question - I did cover this in the Wiki from a Plugin perspective lol (where a metadata refresh would reimport all the new chapters from the MKV and Introskip db), but it equally applies to the Core Introskip implementation as well.

I would hope that the same process would happen in the Core dB - ie all chapters (incl your edits) from the MKV would be used as normal and the hidden marker points would just be retained - they have a different 'MarkerType'.   I don't see any reason why this would need to get re-scanned for any new Intro info - nothing from that perspective has changed. 

Edited by rbjtech

crusher11

I don't believe I've ever needed a metadata refresh to get Emby to pick up normal chapters after I've added them.

rbjtech
53 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Ahhh this is much clearer now, thank you for articulating it this way.

To expand further for those interested ,

So below is a STANDARD API Call using the Items Service with chapters parameters 

- The item in Red(Brown?) is the Intro chapter the Plugin Inserted - it has the MarkerType of 'Chapter' - it is no different to any other chapter imported from the MKV.  It could be removed. 

- The item in Blue is the first 'hidden' marker - it has the MarkerType of 'IntroStart'.  It is not displayed as a 'chapter' but it marks when the Button appears ..  Note it has exactly the same timings (Ticks) as the 'Title Sequence Chapter'.

- The item in orange is the re-calculated chapter inserted by the Plugin - it's a normal chapter - but because we have seperated the 'Title Sequence' as it's own chapter - this chapter is now going to be shorter.  

- The item in Grey is the second 'hidden' marker - it has the MarkerType of 'IntroEnd'.  It is not displayed as a 'chapter' but it marks when the Button disappears ..  Note it has exactly the same timings (Ticks) as the 'Chapter 2' (the recalculated chapter above).

- The item in Green is the Credit chapter the Plugin Inserted.  It has the MarkerType of 'Chapter' - it is no different to any other marker in the MKV.  It could be removed. 

- The item in purple is the third 'hidden' marker - it has the MarkerType of 'CreditsStart'.  This is not currently used by the Core as it doesn't detect credits ;) It is being used as a placeholder for if and when it does - we have imported it anyway as it's valuable data the Plugin detected.  

"Chapters": [
        {
          "StartPositionTicks": 0,
          "Name": "Chapter 1",
          "ImageTag": "45687c6653c0ab2cfbdbb56d9370141a",
          "MarkerType": "Chapter",
          "ChapterIndex": 0
        },
        {
          "StartPositionTicks": 2800000000,
          "Name": "Title Sequence",
          "ChapterIndex": 1
        },
        {
          "StartPositionTicks": 2800000000,
          "MarkerType": "IntroStart",
          "ChapterIndex": 2

"StartPositionTicks": 3440000000,
          "Name": "Chapter 2",
          "ChapterIndex": 3
        },
        {
          "StartPositionTicks": 3440000000,
          "Name": "Chapter 2",
          "MarkerType": "IntroEnd",
          "ChapterIndex": 4
     },        {
         ....... (removed all the other chapters for clarity.. .....
        },
        {
          "StartPositionTicks": 35412710000,
          "Name": "End Credits",
          "ChapterIndex": 15
        },
        {
          "StartPositionTicks": 35412710000,
          "MarkerType": "CreditsStart",
          "ChapterIndex": 16

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
11 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I don't believe I've ever needed a metadata refresh to get Emby to pick up normal chapters after I've added them.

Emby sees it as a change and re-imports the new chapters.  Standard stuff.   The Import process in the Plugin is looking for a 'Title Sequence' chapter name - if it exists, it ignores adding the chapters again because they are already there.   Thus by removing this inserted chapter (by refreshing the metadata - ie import just what's in the MKV) THEN it will insert the Title Sequence chapter again AND it will write the hidden markers explained above.   This is how it works.  

marcsimus

Updated to Emby 4.7.1.0 and IntroSkip 1.0.0.0 last night. However, now I can't get anything to show up on the Intros tab of the plugin. All my TV shows are listed, but the Select Season dropdown never shows any seasons. The editing section just spins and never loads anything, which probably makes sense since no season is selected. Did I miss something? I assume I did.

618088094_Introstab.thumb.png.1d9e848b68237bf5098016af92f75248.png

The skip intro button also isn't showing up for me. I set <ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask> and <EnableMarkerDetection> to true and then removed the actual schedule from the task (leaving the detection to the plugin for now). Refreshed the metadata on the library, but alas, no button. I do see the chapters.

chapters.thumb.png.d3e520d29eb855ff8a824d6b025fa040.png

I did also notice that I don't have the "Markers" options on the library, even though the content type is TV Shows. Perhaps this is a better question for Testing Intro Skipping, but keeping it here since I'm trying to stick with the plugin for now. Just trying to use the core to get the button.

I should note that both issues were tested using the Firefox and Emby Theater on a Windows box, and I do have Emby Premiere. And before anyone asks, I did clear the Firefox cache.

Edited by marcsimus

rbjtech
49 minutes ago, marcsimus said:

Updated to Emby 4.7.1.0 and IntroSkip 1.0.0.0 last night. However, now I can't get anything to show up on the Intros tab of the plugin. All my TV shows are listed, but the Select Season dropdown never shows any seasons. The editing section just spins and never loads anything, which probably makes sense since no season is selected. Did I miss something? I assume I did.

618088094_Introstab.thumb.png.1d9e848b68237bf5098016af92f75248.png

The skip intro button also isn't showing up for me. I set <ShowIntroDetectionScheduledTask> and <EnableMarkerDetection> to true and then removed the actual schedule from the task (leaving the detection to the plugin for now). Refreshed the metadata on the library, but alas, no button. I do see the chapters.

chapters.thumb.png.d3e520d29eb855ff8a824d6b025fa040.png

I did also notice that I don't have the "Markers" options on the library, even though the content type is TV Shows. Perhaps this is a better question for Testing Intro Skipping, but keeping it here since I'm trying to stick with the plugin for now. Just trying to use the core to get the button.

I should note that both issues were tested using the Firefox and Emby Theater on a Windows box, and I do have Emby Premiere. And before anyone asks, I did clear the Firefox cache.

You don't need to set anything in the XML - just leave them all to false - the Plugin does not need any of that to use the button ;) - infact better to just leave it off.

Lets ensure Introskip Plugin is working as normal before attempting to import the settings for the button.

So you loaded the Plugin, reset the cache and restarted emby.

Can you untick 'cache images for the moment' as that might be related. 

What about the other menu's - can you get to and display those ok ? (Advanced, Auto-Skip etc)

Edited by rbjtech

marcsimus
6 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

You don't need to set anything in the XML - just leave them all to false - the Plugin does not need any of that set - infact better to just leave it off.

Lets ensure Introskip Plugin is working as normal before attempting to import the settings for the button.

So you loaded the Plugin, reset the cache and restarted emby.

Can you untick 'cache images for the moment' as that might be related. 

What about the other menu's - can you get to and display those ok ? (Advanced, Auto-Skip etc)

Thanks for the reply!

I have shutdown Emby, reverted the XML options to false, cleared the cache, and started Emby back up. No change on the Intros tab after disabling 'cache table images'. Most of the other tabs seem ok, although the Chapters tab doesn't show any. 'TV Shows to exclude from scans' on the Advanced tab looks good, shows are listed as expected. The Stats tab also looks as expected. The auto-skip is also still working.

stats.thumb.png.f8ccf4f685464737bf62e9e0079a7a4b.png

Banquero

Buenas noches. Instalé el plugin, refresque los metadatos y me da el siguiente error después de varias horas de escaneo. Sabéis decirme cual es el programa? Muchas gracias 

Screenshot_2022-05-25-14-21-11-38_44afb15bb7fddf0c82da86f25534e5f4.jpg

Cheesegeezer

My only input here, and it shouldn’t affect the UI for setting. 
but refresh metadata for your tv show library (don’t refresh images)

let that run and then run chapter insert task and enable thumb extraction.

everything was good on 4.7.0.60. 

the spinning wheel of death mean an issue with the JavaScript or html. So if you can press ctrl shift and I while on the page and then screenshot the error. You can also click on the far right link and it will show what code is breaking.

rbjtech
4 minutes ago, marcsimus said:

Thanks for the reply!

I have shutdown Emby, reverted the XML options to false, cleared the cache, and started Emby back up. No change on the Intros tab after disabling 'cache table images'. Most of the other tabs seem ok, although the Chapters tab doesn't show any. 'TV Shows to exclude from scans' on the Advanced tab looks good, shows are listed as expected. The Stats tab also looks as expected. The auto-skip is also still working.

stats.thumb.png.f8ccf4f685464737bf62e9e0079a7a4b.png

ok thanks - so there has been so many releases lately that I'm losing track - 4.7.1.0 is the latest Release correct ?

Let me test this myself - the last test I did was on Release 4.7.0.60 - which was only released the other day ...

Bear with us - we'll come back to you shortly !

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, Banquero said:

Buenas noches. Instalé el plugin, refresque los metadatos y me da el siguiente error después de varias horas de escaneo. Sabéis decirme cual es el programa? Muchas gracias 

Screenshot_2022-05-25-14-21-11-38_44afb15bb7fddf0c82da86f25534e5f4.jpg

¿Escaneó solo los capítulos o hizo un escaneo de detección completo y dejó que el capítulo se ejecutara después?

marcsimus
23 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

My only input here, and it shouldn’t affect the UI for setting. 
but refresh metadata for your tv show library (don’t refresh images)

let that run and then run chapter insert task and enable thumb extraction.

everything was good on 4.7.0.60. 

the spinning wheel of death mean an issue with the JavaScript or html. So if you can press ctrl shift and I while on the page and then screenshot the error. You can also click on the far right link and it will show what code is breaking.

1326951461_WebDevConsoleError.thumb.png.b4e0bc68a3dbcde08b6d159073618397.png

Edited by marcsimus

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, marcsimus said:

1326951461_WebDevConsoleError.thumb.png.b4e0bc68a3dbcde08b6d159073618397.png

I think there are some issues with Linux. 
I could be wrong

Cheesegeezer

Windows is fine, what OS are you running 

Banquero
34 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

¿Escaneó solo los capítulos o hizo un escaneo de detección completo y dejó que el capítulo se ejecutara después?

Escanee los metadatos de la biblioteca completa 

rbjtech

ok - so as Cheese has said - I just updated to 4.7.1.0 and everything looked ok.

My edit page showed without any issues.

To confirm - you have cleared the browser image cache yes ?

edit - Based on the above - Have you done a full library scan after upgrading to 4.7.1.0 ?

Edited by rbjtech

marcsimus
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

ok - so as Cheese has said - I just updated to 4.7.1.0 and everything looked ok.

My edit page showed without any issues.

To confirm - you have cleared the browser image cache yes ?

Yeah, a couple times including just now. Also just rebooted the server, just to be sure.

Cheesegeezer

ok let me look at this tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
31 minutes ago, marcsimus said:

Yeah, a couple times including just now. Also just rebooted the server, just to be sure.

Are you on virtual folders?

marcsimus

Ok. I realized that the first show listed in the dropdown (and selected by default) is a DVR'd show which I don't currently have any episodes (and therefore seasons) recorded. So that would make sense why "season is undefined", there aren't any. So to test, I flipped to the advanced tab and excluded the first couple shows that are in that boat to ensure that the first show in the list now is definitely one with seasons/episodes. It's loading ok now. If I then change the show to one that has no episodes, it goes back to just spinning. So it seems as though the code that handles populating the seasons dropdown doesn't gracefully handle the case when there aren't any.

This all seems pretty straight forward now. The odd part is, in the initial screenshot I provided I had Breaking Bad selected and I have all 5 seasons. But it was also just spinning when I took the screenshot. So I added those couple of shows (the ones without any episodes) back in and the Intros tab is back to just spinning. No matter what show I select (including Breaking Bad), it just spins again.

So it seems somehow related to whether or not the first show in the list (default selection) has any seasons or not. If it doesn't, all the shows are broken and just spin. If it does, only the other shows without seasons spin but the ones with seasons load fine. Ideally, if the selected show doesn't have any episodes it should just report that instead of throwing an exception and just spinning. And this should be true regardless of the status of the first/default show.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, marcsimus said:

Ok. I realized that the first show listed in the dropdown (and selected by default) is a DVR'd show which I don't currently have any episodes (and therefore seasons) recorded. So that would make sense why "season is undefined", there aren't any. So to test, I flipped to the advanced tab and excluded the first couple shows that are in that boat to ensure that the first show in the list now is definitely one with seasons/episodes. It's loading ok now. If I then change the show to one that has no episodes, it goes back to just spinning. So it seems as though the code that handles populating the seasons dropdown doesn't gracefully handle the case when there aren't any.

This all seems pretty straight forward now. The odd part is, in the initial screenshot I provided I had Breaking Bad selected and I have all 5 seasons. But it was also just spinning when I took the screenshot. So I added those couple of shows (the ones without any episodes) back in and the Intros tab is back to just spinning. No matter what show I select (including Breaking Bad), it just spins again.

So it seems somehow related to whether or not the first show in the list (default selection) has any seasons or not. If it doesn't, all the shows are broken and just spin. If it does, only the other shows without seasons spin but the ones with seasons load fine. Ideally, if the selected show doesn't have any episodes it should just report that instead of throwing an exception and just spinning. And this should be true regardless of the status of the first/default show.

Good catch fella and thanks for pursuing. We can handle this and I’ll look at it tomorrow

and over 18 months you are the first person to ever have this

Edited by Cheesegeezer

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, marcsimus said:

Yep - fantastic investigation on the cause - well done ! 

marcsimus
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Good catch fella and thanks for pursuing. We can handle this and I’ll look at it tomorrow

and over 18 months you are the first person to ever have this

I'm special, lol. Happy to help, these sorts of things get the best of my curiosity.

• Like 1