• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 kaj OFFLINE  

kaj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:11 PM

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:41 AM

It's working very well on Plex. I've been binge watching Star Trek TNG, so very episode starts with a variable length beginning, then the intro, then continues...it picks out the beginning of the intro perfectly on every episode.

Would like to see it on Emby too, as it's pretty neat. Emby works much better, for some reason, at transcoding files for my remote users, and it's pretty easy to hit forward 30 seconds to get past intros, so I'll stick with Emby, but a neat feature none the less.

Edited by kaj, 24 May 2020 - 06:41 AM.

#62 Mkilbride OFFLINE  

Mkilbride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Local time: 03:11 AM

Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:09 AM

I'm seeing a lot of examples of dozens of TV shows and it working perfectly. Holy shit, I figured it would be a real kind of hit or miss thing...but it seems like 90%+ of shows are working exactly as you want them to.

#63 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3521 posts
  • Local time: 12:11 AM

Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:14 AM

Seems to be another project for @softworkz but I'm pretty sure he's busy on other important things right now.

There's only a few developers for Emby and they are all working very hard on improvements. A lot of things are in development and personally I find Emby to be much better than Plex and I have lifetimes for both. I quit bothering with Plex well over a year ago as I found their LiveTV implementation cumbersome at best and just like Emby better all around..

• softworkz likes this

#64 neik OFFLINE  

neik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Local time: 09:11 AM

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:01 PM

Very nice feature, which would be very nice to see on Emby as well.

#65 Princ3ali OFFLINE  

Princ3ali

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:35 PM

Looking forward to this one as well.

#66 Hyp3rD OFFLINE  

Hyp3rD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:59 PM

High hope on this feature too!

#67 CyberPoison OFFLINE  

CyberPoison

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 09:11 AM

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 AM

In wish progress it's in the skip intro on emby (Android,Android TV,iOS,LGWebOS,Web,TIzen,XBOX,etc...)  ?

and also something to skip credits and intro looks like plex have done it already :(

Edited by CyberPoison, Yesterday, 06:42 AM.

#68 Mkilbride OFFLINE  

Mkilbride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:06 AM

There's so much else that needs to be done first.

Sure, I'd LOVE for this feature. Everyone would. It'd be incredible. But honestly...they got so much else to do first, I don't expect it soon. I've watched several software projects before and something like this takes a lot of time and manpower.  I wouldn't be shocked to hear PLEX was working on it for 2-3 years.

Edited by Mkilbride, Yesterday, 08:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users