Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Cheesegeezer
On 24/06/2022 at 09:23, crusher11 said:

This seems to have happened to a bunch of my episodes:

1499395223_Screenshot2022-06-2416_19_43.thumb.png.947a68ef6c3aa5f0f031997aafedbf2a.png

They were previously correct. It seems to affect episodes with no title sequence and a custom end credits time. Episodes with title sequences remain fine, as do episodes with correctly-detected end credits sequences.

Need logs, 

Refresh meta data on that season or series, don’t bother with images.

rotate log in schedule tasks, then remove series/season from plugin, enable debug logging.

then do a FP and detection and chapter task and run the thumbnail then send the log please in pm or here. Need the full log. Screenshots dont tell me whats going on behind the scenes  

crusher11
29 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Need logs, 

Refresh meta data on that season or series, don’t bother with images.

rotate log in schedule tasks, then remove series/season from plugin, enable debug logging.

then do a FP and detection and chapter task and run the thumbnail then send the log please in pm or here. Need the full log. Screenshots dont tell me whats going on behind the scenes  

Is all that necessary? I was able to get rid of the extra chapters with a Refresh Metadata on the episode, and then reintroduce one by running the chapter task (IIRC). Would logs for that be enough of a starting point?

crusher11

Rotated log file, enabled debug logs, refreshed metadata on the episode. Chapters are now correct. Ran plugin chapter task "2nd Quarter" chapter now timestamped 0:00.

If you still need me to go through all the other steps it'll take time I don't have right this second.

embyserver-63792318743.txt

Cheesegeezer
35 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Rotated log file, enabled debug logs, refreshed metadata on the episode. Chapters are now correct. Ran plugin chapter task "2nd Quarter" chapter now timestamped 0:00.

If you still need me to go through all the other steps it'll take time I don't have right this second.

embyserver-63792318743.txt 58.67 MB · 0 downloads

Appreciate the log, i will take a look, hopefully tonight, but if not tomorrow. Got a lot on this weekend with shearing sheep and sorting fields out, plus oil ops going on, UK and Europe, so we will see. It’s on the list bud.

cheers

rbjtech
5 hours ago, crusher11 said:

embyserver-63792318743.txt 58.67 MB · 0 downloads

ok - so you can re-create the problem - that's a good start to pinpointing this.

If you run the chapter task a 2nd time - do you get another 0:00 timestamp added ?

@Cheesegeezer looking at the logs, it appears to be only happening on Intro's that start at 0:00 - could be a timing / accessor type error that we experienced the other day on another plugin ?  Ping me on teams when you have a look and we can work together to get this one resolved and tested .. :)

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1

crusher11
On 6/25/2022 at 6:56 AM, crusher11 said:

I tried running the task again, to see if that generated a second 2nd Quarter chapter at 0:00 (given most of my episodes have dozens of identical 0:00 chapters) but it did not.

However, checking it now and there are two 0:00 2nd Quarter chapters, so something fired overnight to add one. I had debug off, but here's a log anyway.

embyserver.txt

Cheesegeezer

So why would 2nd quarter be the tricky one, surely first quarter would be the weirdo! Still not looked at the logs but if the return from debug shows Q1, thats on us, if not then its down to authoring of chapters. 

crusher11
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

So why would 2nd quarter be the tricky one, surely first quarter would be the weirdo! Still not looked at the logs but if the return from debug shows Q1, thats on us, if not then its down to authoring of chapters. 

It seems to affect episodes with a custom end credit and no intro. This is mostly my custom-made sports stuff but it does include some straight, completely unedited rips of actual commercial releases of TV shows.

Cheesegeezer
On 02/07/2022 at 02:57, crusher11 said:

It seems to affect episodes with a custom end credit and no intro. This is mostly my custom-made sports stuff but it does include some straight, completely unedited rips of actual commercial releases of TV shows.

Had chance to have a look and its crazy whats going on. 

can you run mkvmerge to look at the physical chapter list in the container or use mediaInfo or something. Need to see if its a file issue or a emby library not creating chapters correctly.

cheers

crusher11
11 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

can you run mkvmerge to look at the physical chapter list in the container or use mediaInfo or something. 

What do you mean? 

Cheesegeezer
41 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

What do you mean? 

MediaInfo GUI Tree View

image.png.1a4df3336d53add348703d6ccf26b8a7.png

MKVToonNix Gui

image.png.aeaacf0ae9d92cd0a1c163d5571b3274.png

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

thanks

emkab

Im getting really weird warnings about intro skipping in the logs, also no intros are ever successfully detected. and the 'detect episode intros' process finishes immediately instead of it taking hours... anybody know how to fix this?

embyserver.txt

emkab
8 minutes ago, emkab said:

Im getting really weird warnings about intro skipping in the logs, also no intros are ever successfully detected. and the 'detect episode intros' process finishes immediately instead of it taking hours... anybody know how to fix this?

embyserver.txt 269.6 kB · 0 downloads

interesting, i think my server isn't even generating the fingerprints considering a line i found in a new log:

2022-07-05 05:39:27.725 Debug Intro Skip: FINGERPRINT: Adventure Time - S:1 - E:1 .bin file doesn't exist. Ensure FFMPEG can handle Chromprinting Audio

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, emkab said:

interesting, i think my server isn't even generating the fingerprints considering a line i found in a new log:

I see you are on Linux. Quite possibly it could be down to access permissions, we have seen this a lot with Linux Based users.  Myself, Chef, Samuelque, RBJTech have no idea about linux unfortunately.

@neik can you possibly help out here please.

Also please check here in the FAQ.

Does the UI give a red warning that chromaprint isn't enabled in FFMpeg also.

6. FAQ · chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release Wiki (github.com)

emkab
12 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I see you are on Linux. Quite possibly it could be down to access permissions, we have seen this a lot with Linux Based users.  Myself, Chef, Samuelque, RBJTech have no idea about linux unfortunately.

@neik can you possibly help out here please.

Also please check here in the FAQ.

Does the UI give a red warning that chromaprint isn't enabled in FFMpeg also.

6. FAQ · chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release Wiki (github.com)

I fixed it by switching from the binex's Emby docker to the official one, I only downloaded Emby yesterday so its not too much work to set everything up again.. 

• Thanks 1

samuelqwe
32 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Myself, Chef, Samuelque, RBJTech have no idea about linux unfortunately.

My Emby server is on a Linux machine…😆

Cheesegeezer
Just now, samuelqwe said:

My Emby server is on a Linux machine…😆

No way 😂😂😂

i thought you were windows 🤦‍♂️

neik
4 hours ago, emkab said:

I fixed it by switching from the binex's Emby docker to the official one, I only downloaded Emby yesterday so its not too much work to set everything up again.. 

I don't know what the difference is but I personally would only install official stuff.

That should avoid errors/issues like this one.

But basically the other docker image seems to be missing the required chromaprint feature in the embedded ffmpeg.

Anyways, glad you sorted it out. 🙂

• Thanks 1

fallenwitch3r

My system crashed and i had to reinstall emby restore an 6 months old hdd backup. I made a backup of the titlesequence.db and copied it back after emby was installed. But the plugin starts to detect every episode again. I thought it would be enough to copy the file back and intro skip set up all timestamps. What i am doing wrong?

Edited by fallenwitch3r

neik

The issue here is probably that the item IDs will differ when setting up a new server and therefore there is no match.

cheese/rbj, please correct me guys if this is wrong.