Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

crusher11

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
at IntroSkip.Data.BaseSqliteRepository.RunDefaultInitialization(IDatabaseConnection db)
at IntroSkip.Data.SqliteSequenceRepository.Initialize()
at IntroSkip.IntroSkipPluginEntryPoint.GetRepository()
at IntroSkip.ScheduledTasks.SequenceDetectionScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

• Sad 1

CBers

@rbjtech @Cheesegeezer Further to this thread, is it possible to go the other way, from core to the plugin?

Only asking, as there are things "missing" in the core implementation, and just wondered if it was possible to switch, until the core catches up.

Thanks.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, CBers said:

@rbjtech @Cheesegeezer Further to this thread, is it possible to go the other way, from core to the plugin?

Only asking, as there are things "missing" in the core implementation, and just wondered if it was possible to switch, until the core catches up.

Thanks.

Unfortunately not. We store our start and end points in our own database and haven’t even looked at the possibility of migration from core to plugin for obvious reasons. 
so you would have to run our FP, detection, Chapter insetion and image extraction to get all the features. We do have auto intro and credit skip also… so no remote is required lol 😂 

i have asked @chef to have a conversation with the core devs. 

• Thanks 1

chef
On 6/12/2022 at 6:25 AM, crusher11 said:

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
at IntroSkip.Data.BaseSqliteRepository.RunDefaultInitialization(IDatabaseConnection db)
at IntroSkip.Data.SqliteSequenceRepository.Initialize()
at IntroSkip.IntroSkipPluginEntryPoint.GetRepository()
at IntroSkip.ScheduledTasks.SequenceDetectionScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

@Cheesegeezer and @rbjtech this error has to do with the db not closing properly on reload.

The shim must still be open when it tries to create the connection string.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
33 minutes ago, chef said:

@Cheesegeezer and @rbjtech this error has to do with the db not closing properly on reload.

The shim must still be open when it tries to create the connection string.

I’ll put a delay in for a newly added item. What i have noticed is there is no physical library scan run now after a new item is added, its all updated internally but i have overcome this in the mediaInfo plugin. 

chef
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I’ll put a delay in for a newly added item. What i have noticed is there is no physical library scan run now after a new item is added, its all updated internally but i have overcome this in the mediaInfo plugin. 

The library monitor might raise the event you are looking for. 

Cheesegeezer
24 minutes ago, chef said:

The library monitor might raise the event you are looking for. 

I know exactly what it is bud and how to handle it 👍👍💪😉

• Agree 1

adamstewiegreen

Since installing the new intro skip (1.0) it's now creating 10 - 20 blank chapters in shows that don't have intros (e.g. Seinfeld).  How do I get rid of these?

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 10.21.30.png

rbjtech
On 17/06/2022 at 01:26, adamstewiegreen said:

Since installing the new intro skip (1.0) it's now creating 10 - 20 blank chapters in shows that don't have intros (e.g. Seinfeld).  How do I get rid of these?

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 10.21.30.png

The Plugin does not create any 'Chapter' markers except for the 'Title Sequence' and 'End Title' chapters.

If you look in the original file - using mediainfo for example - do they exist ?

adamstewiegreen
19 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

The Plugin does not create any 'Chapter' markers except for the 'Title Sequence' and 'End Title' chapters.

If you look in the original file - using mediainfo for example - do they exist ?

The repeated chapters don't exist.  Except now when I go into those episodes I see proper chapter names repeated instead of just chapter 1.

00:00:00.308                             : en:Baseball
00:05:08.538                             : en:Family dinner
00:08:58.665                             : en:Jerry gets a phonecall
00:11:05.994                             : en:It's Wednesday
00:16:34.120                             : en:The funeral
00:20:00.134                             : en:What's a pony
00:22:19.138                             : en:End Credits

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, adamstewiegreen said:

The repeated chapters don't exist.  Except now when I go into those episodes I see proper chapter names repeated instead of just chapter 1.

00:00:00.308                             : en:Baseball
00:05:08.538                             : en:Family dinner
00:08:58.665                             : en:Jerry gets a phonecall
00:11:05.994                             : en:It's Wednesday
00:16:34.120                             : en:The funeral
00:20:00.134                             : en:What's a pony
00:22:19.138                             : en:End Credits

If the correct 'named' chapters do not exist in emby, then this has nothing to do with the Plugin - please raise in the main forum.

You can try a metadata refresh (then see if the chapters are named properly) - if they are - THEN re-run the Chapters task in the plugin - and assuming an Intro Chapter was identified - then you should just see a 'Title Sequence' chapter being inserted inbetween two of the above named chapters.

To note - if the End Credits were also detected @ 22:19 - then if you have that option selected in the Plugin - then it will also insert a 'End Credit' chapter at this point - ie you may unfortunately have two listed.

@Cheesegeezer - Anything to add here ?

• Thanks 1

Arsyad1105

Why IntroSkip can rescan the intro? When I do this it doesn't do anything except when new episode added.

Cheesegeezer
30 minutes ago, Arsyad1105 said:

Why IntroSkip can rescan the intro? When I do this it doesn't do anything except when new episode added.

Do you want to rescan a season or series? You need to select rescan button on ui.

693ECDDB-E1D9-4C11-9A4C-DD03B81CD290.thumb.jpeg.1eb2d3a06c1f299c5dd69463749fdc43.jpeg

Arsyad1105
28 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Do you want to rescan a season or series? You need to select rescan button on ui.

693ECDDB-E1D9-4C11-9A4C-DD03B81CD290.thumb.jpeg.1eb2d3a06c1f299c5dd69463749fdc43.jpeg

Will this remove some custom intro time that I set?

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, Arsyad1105 said:

Will this remove some custom intro time that I set?

Yes

Really you guys need to split/start on new thread, I read this thread 3 times and in the last one I almost fall to sleep.

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Really you guys need to split/start on new thread, I read this thread 3 times and in the last one I almost fall to sleep.

Hey Abo!! How’s tricks.

i would like to get input from

@rbjtech

@samuelqwe

@chef - if he pops in

to me we should close this thread and start a new one i agree. We (i guess me now) needs to figure out how to strip the intros from the plugin. Problem is until the core team have an editor i wanna keep it in.

• Agree 1

samuelqwe
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

to me we should close this thread and start a new one i agree. We (i guess me now) needs to figure out how to strip the intros from the plugin. Problem is until the core team have an editor i wanna keep it in.

We already have multiple threads for the plugin and core intro skip, so I don’t personally see the need for a new thread (apart from the fact that this one is quite long now). However, if @Abobader thinks it’s a good idea, then I have nothing against it.

rbjtech
44 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Hey Abo!! How’s tricks.

i would like to get input from

@rbjtech

@samuelqwe

@chef - if he pops in

Yep - I'm with Dave - until the Core Introskip is in a position to actually replace the Plugin (even from an Intro only perspective) - then the plugin remains 100% valid, still has 100's of users (maybe more) and thus still needs support where necessary.

Once the core can cover the basic items (such as editing) - then we can look at taking the Intro part out to avoid this ongoing confusion.  We can also probably rename the Plugin to CreditSkip (and maybe add Movies into the mix..) to avoid further confusion lol - and probably at this point - we can close this long running thread ?

• Agree 4

On 6/20/2022 at 9:24 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

How’s tricks.

Hey Dave!

Well, I run out of them, too old now :)

CBers
On 20/06/2022 at 19:30, samuelqwe said:

We already have multiple threads for the plugin and core intro skip, so I don’t personally see the need for a new thread (apart from the fact that this one is quite long now). However, if @Abobader thinks it’s a good idea, then I have nothing against it.

I think he just means as it's now 150 pages long, too long for a newbie trying to read all of the comments.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1