Skia support on for Emby on Synology?

DarWun

DarWun

@solabc16, in another thread discussing the recent CoverArt change to use Skia I asked Luke if there was a way to get Skia installed on a Synology NAS (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47486-32154-skia/page-3&do=findComment&comment=455585).  He indicated that you were aware of the issue.  If installation methods are being looked at, I'd be willing to help with testing in any way I can.

DarWun

Are you running the latest beta? what is your cpu architecture?

@@Luke I am running the latest beta (3.2.19.6) on a Synology DS414.  It has a dual core Marvell Armada XP (1.33GHz) CPU.

DarWun

@@Luke these logs are from Emby beta Version 3.2.19.9 beta.  The first is a log with the last version of Cover Art that "works" on my Synology NAS, Version 4.0.29.0.  The second is with the latest Beta of Cover Art, Version 4.0.34.0.

Let me know if you need anything else.

server-63632797442 (Cover Art Version 4_0_29_0).txt

server-63632797747 (Cover Art Version 4_0_34_0).txt

Edited by DarWun

solabc16

Hello @@DarWun

Thanks for getting in touch and the offer, it is something we're aware of and looking at.

There are a few challenges to work through, especially for the non-Intel boxes.

I can't offer any time frames at this juncture, but will certainly be in touch when we have something to test.

Best

- James

DarWun

Hello @@DarWun

Thanks for getting in touch and the offer, it is something we're aware of and looking at.

There are a few challenges to work through, especially for the non-Intel boxes.

I can't offer any time frames at this juncture, but will certainly be in touch when we have something to test.

Best

- James

@@solabc16 Understood.  I'm patient ;-)  Honestly, this is a fairly minor issue for me that doesn't really impact my use of Emby.  Pretty pictures are nice, but the rest of the benefits of using Emby to manage my media library outweigh the need for them.

Edited by DarWun

@@DarWun I've pushed an update to the cover art plugin. It now supports both Skia and ImageMagick, so that should allow it to function with the linux beta server. thanks.

DarWun

@@DarWun I've pushed an update to the cover art plugin. It now supports both Skia and ImageMagick, so that should allow it to function with the linux beta server. thanks.

@@Luke Thanks for this.  I had contemplated asking if this might be a possibility.  But since there weren't any posts from others after the change to using Skia in CoverArt I decided to just wait it out.  No point in wasting Team Emby's time on things that only affect a small subset of users. 

Well we haven't figured it out for all linux distros yet so it will affect more than a few people, so for now we'll need to make sure the plugin handles this by automatically utilizing image magick instead.

DarWun

Well we haven't figured it out for all linux distros yet so it will affect more than a few people, so for now we'll need to make sure the plugin handles this by automatically utilizing image magick instead.

@@Luke It works great by the way.  Thanks again.