NextPVR plugin issues, probably me not the plugin....

pir8radio

pir8radio

So everything is setup, but it seems sketchy...    Sometimes all of the tuners disappear from emby, i have to restart emby and all six tuners show up again.   I run the refresh guide task and it just sits at 0%   maybe I'm not giving it enough time... I'll let it sit...   700 or so channels...  5 mins in still 0%    Using the nextpvr web interface its pretty slow to display the guide (like 30 seconds) maybe nextpvr plugin is timing out?  Also i just get a spinning circle in emby, no video and [http @ 00000000006c9000] HTTP error 403 ForbiddenServer: NextPVR error in the transcode log.   Any help would be appreciated..     

I have a few other questions about the plugin as well.

1.) can nextpvr supply channels only, and let emby take care of the guide, and recording? Or must all of that be done in nextpvr?

2.) related to the above question, do i need to setup a guide provider in emby I'm under the assumption nextpvr is doing all of that, and emby is just grabbing the info from nextpvr.

3.) where do channel logos and other images come from?  Nextpvr or emby?  Trying to figure out what to enable in next pvr.

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Ceton Infinitv 6 ETH.     Everything works with nextpvr web interface and nextpvr gui..

pir8radio

looks like emby guide is populating status still shows 0%     So for now I'm just focusing on the not playing issue, transcode log shows. [http @ 0000000000799000] HTTP error 403 ForbiddenServer: NextPVR

removed log
Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

hold that thought, I'm on to something here...    Since my nextpvr and emby server are at different locations, i needed to enable remote streaming in the nextpvr config.xml.       

pir8radio

Ok, I had to enable remote transcoding, and remote viewing within the nextPVR config.xml     I would still like to know the following:

1.) can nextpvr supply channels only, and let emby take care of the guide, and recording? Or must all of that be done in nextpvr?

2.) where do channel logos and other images/metadata come from?  Nextpvr or emby?  Trying to figure out what to enable in next pvr.

Thanks again guys!    ^_^

Sven

Logo's are located in the following folder "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Channels"

pir8radio

looks like im still having issues, where all tuners disappear from emby, a guide refresh in this state wipes all of my metadata.  Restarting emby brings all tuners back, and a guide refresh brings back meta data.   Any ideas how i can make this more stable?

Sven

What version do you use? Server & plugin?

I use NextPVR & Emby every day, didn't experience any problems yet...

pir8radio

got home again today and next pvr plugin has disconnected from my nextpvr server..  all tuners missing, errors in log that images cant be grabbed. 

Im using emby version: 3.2.19.0  and pvr plugin version: 3.0.6143.20454     the second i hit restart in emby everything shows back up for a while.   

My next PVR server is at a different physical location, the emby plugin is connecting to next pvr over the internet.   So maybe some delay settings need to be adjusted?   The server has been pinging fine non stop so the connection has not been dropped. 

I have debug logging enabled but dont know where those logs are stored..   Or does it just add more detail to the regular logs?

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Not sure if these errors are related to nextpvr crashing but my log is FLOODED with these failed attempts.

Removed log
Edited by pir8radio

Sven

@@pir8radio the debug logging (for nextpvr) is indeed more logging in the regular log..

Do you see anything special in that logging? Can you upload your logs?

You connect via VPN? Or just over the internet? Can I connect to that Nextpvr machine?

You can always send me a PM...

pir8radio

@@pir8radio the debug logging (for nextpvr) is indeed more logging in the regular log..

Do you see anything special in that logging? Can you upload your logs?

You connect via VPN? Or just over the internet? Can I connect to that Nextpvr machine?

You can always send me a PM...

Sure, Ill PM you the address and pin.

pir8radio

I have another question, what determines the bitrate that nextpvr streams to emby at?  Can i set that rate?  how?

you're better off having nextpvr send the original stream rather than having it pre-transcode.

I have another question, what determines the bitrate that nextpvr streams to emby at?  Can i set that rate?  how?

NextPVR always sends Emby the original bitstream. It's up to Emby to decide what it client needs, and transcode if necessary. 

• Like 1

pir8radio

understood.  I was asking because my nextpvr server is at a different location than my emby server.   Emby server has a 2Gbps internet connection where the nextpvr server only has 10mbps upstream with six tuners...   Im working on getting the tuner in the data center where the emby server is, then running nextpvr on the same server as emby..   But just looking for options..

Edited by pir8radio

• 2 weeks later...
Sven

Fix for this available in release 3.0.6378.33055

Something with API key (it's little bit more complicated, but understandable for everybody) from nextpvr on local network and internet that needs to be refreshed..

• Like 1

emveepee

Not specifically related to this topic and I am not sure about the Emby license but NextPVR can only be used for personal non-commercial use and this change might be tempting misuse of that license.

I suspect sharing of some EPG source data (ie from Schedules Direct)would be in violation of the SD terms too.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

pir8radio

Not specifically related to this topic and I am not sure about the Emby license but NextPVR can only be used for personal non-commercial use and this change might be tempting misuse of that license.

I suspect sharing of some EPG source data (ie from Schedules Direct)would be in violation of the SD terms too.

Martin

How is that?  NextPVR currently supports over the internet pvr/streaming function, the only change that has happened here is to the emby plugin to deal with the delays associated with the remote server link.  NextPVR also has settings to enable remote (internet) transcoding and streaming.  And in my particular case, Its for personal use.   Plus NextPVR offers a commercial license for those who need it. 

Martin

What change are you referring to? The next pvr plugin obtains an authentication token from next pvr. What this change does is just refresh that info periodically to avoid being rejected with 401 responses. Is that what you're talking about or are we talking about something different?

Unrelated, I have actually been thinking of turning the next pvr plugin into nothing more than a dumb tuner source, and having Emby manage the guide data + DVR features. The reasons are simply to reduce troubleshooting and not related to anything you said.