Allow subpaths with remote (WAN) access

Magic815

Magic815

Apologies if this is already possible, but I currently can't find a way to do it.

I use a webserver to reverse proxy Emby for remote connections. The URL I can go to to access Emby remotely is:

https://mydomainname.com:10443/emby

(I use 10443 instead of 443 because I have a VPN running, and the VPN cannot port forward any ports below 2048).

In the server advanced settings, I can't find a way to provide inputs so that the remote access line item looks like the following:

Remote (WAN) access: https://mydomainname.com:10443/emby

If this is not currently possible, any chance of that becoming a viable entry that can be typed in? I think Emby would just need to add one more input in the Advanced section asking for a 'Subpath.' The majority of users could just keep it blank (as the default), but it would be nice to have the option to add a subpath in.

Thoughts?

Tur0k

+1 I had a hard time working through this problem. So, I had trouble similar to this when I first implemented a squid reverse proxy on pfsense. I wanted it primarily for SSL encryption and centralize all outside access to a single point that I can lock down. I am currently working to reverse proxy 4 internal web services, and enable client authentication. I purchased a domain and setup a DDNS third level domain.

At that time I had my home automation management interface, Emby, and network management hosted on it. I had trouble with absolute URL paths with my home automation and network monitoring web interfaces.

I overcame the troubles by setting up separate CNAME third level subdomains on my public DNS that pointed back to my primary DDNS third level subdomain. I then associated a different subdomain with each web service. I had trouble with squid for PFsense as it couldn't associate a different SSL cert based on https request. I ended up setting up HAProxy for PFsense as my reverse proxy. This allowed me to associate different SSL certs for each subdomain (I use let's encrypt and they don't offer wildcard SSLs). I set my reverse proxy to check the SNI in the SSL request. So, now:

1. Home.mydomain.com sends requests to my home automation

2. Emby.mydomain.com sends requests to my Emby server.

3. Mon.mydomain.con sends requests to my network management interface.

And I don't have trouble with absolute URL paths l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tur0k

Magic815

Yea, if Emby adding subpath support isn't easily done or takes awhile, my plan is to rework my Caddy webserver to proxy emby to: emby.domainname.com

Like you said, it's the only other way I can think of solving it.

Edited by Magic815