Make apps usable with no internet connection...

Untoten

Untoten

Not sure if there is something I did wrong but I had no internet this weekend and tried using my emby app on 2 different android devices to watch movies I had downloaded for offline mode, but I do not see a way to get into the interface without internet.  It keeps asking me to sign in....  Is this on purpose?  In which case, the offline function is completely useless.

BAlGaInTl

I'm pretty sure that this request has been made before, and I'm interested in it.

It has to do with the way the licensing works.  I know that the developers are looking at better solutions.

For now, I point VLC at the offline files and use that to play it when I need to.

It isn't perfect, but it's working for me.

pir8radio

I thought as long as you didn't use emby connect it worked offline.   As in you manually enter your server IP and login info.  "Setup Manually" no?

I thought as long as you didn't use emby connect it worked offline.   As in you manually enter your server IP and login info.  "Setup Manually" no?

He's not actually asking for usage without an internet connection but, rather, usage with no connection to a server.

This is coming.

• Like 1