iOS app randomly crash during playback

jscoys

jscoys

Just to be sure we've got the same understanding: the bug wasn't due to ffmpeg custom version, because WITH THE INTERNAL ONE IT CRACHED THE SAME WAY. The fact I uninstalled and installed again the iOS app seems to have fixed the problem. As some fixes we don't know exactly what happened... but it's fixed now!

Hope you will fix the bug I described above, that is to say when you chose to "use the internal FFMPEG" as transcoding software, it doesn't work when you save. Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jscoys

Hello sorry to reopen the subject but I still the issue. I tested with my iPad mini and it crashes around 7-8 minutes after the playback started. Don't know what to do... someone with an iPad mini or iPhone 6 to test a playback please?

jscoys

I began to see problems with the version 1.37 from 9th of June, before it worked

jscoys

hello! here is my server log from tonight : http://dl.free.fr/uX7411PX4

again, it systematically crashes from an ios playback (ipad and iPhone) after 7-8 minutes. works on apple tv, same remote wifi, and same emitter network... and same movies!

in server logs i can see "Error HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.. Exception.Message: The header part of a frame cannot be read from the data source." at the same times each of my playbacks crashed.

as said before, I began to see problems with the version 1.37 from 9th of June, before it worked!

please help!

Edited by jscoys

jscoys

Ok figured out finally. The issue was the 3.2.20.2. Updated to the last beta version and now it works perfectly. Don't know what happened and why the streaming was stopping after 7-8 minutes of playback on iOS app only, but it seems its fixed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Emby for iOS 1.5 has been released with the new video player, wake on lan, and more. Enjoy.

Erik

Thanks luke, my wife mentioned all of a sudden the app playback was faster and I took a look and it was direct playing, i had to take a second look! (Lots of recorded tv). Nicely done!

• 3 weeks later...

Emby for iOS 1.5.1 has been released to resolve iPhone x playback issues. Thanks.