Important info about the next server release

Luke

mhinchey03@gmail.com

So if I have a pic of the movie in my folder not named folder will it recognize this as the pic I want to use or will it upload new info. I'm ok with it either way. However I dont want to have a. Pic in there and it not go out and find one media browser uses. Usually I goto imdb and name a pic same as the folder. Ie. Die hard (year).avi,pic will have the same name.

Overseer

• There's also a new nifty auto-organize feature for episodes that can monitor a download folder and move episodes to your series folder. It also includes the ability to manually correct when we can't determine the series it belongs to.

I so much HEART this one. Been having issues with MetaBrowser lately since my library is so large. I've gone to letting the server handle this and it's been doing it very well.

• Like 1

I so much HEART this one. Been having issues with MetaBrowser lately since my library is so large. I've gone to letting the server handle this and it's been doing it very well.

Thanks. Go tell the world.

Vidman

One question regarding auto organize: if you select a watch folder it will copy(or move?) The file video file to your collection folder correct? So where does it copy(or move) it to if you have more than one location for a media collection?

I guess technically that was more than one question. .. so I have another. ... Does it just copy the media file.... or will it also copy associated files such as external subtitle files?

Maybe a FAQ for this feature would be helpful. ... is there one?

Just thought of another one:)

Does it only rename files in the watched folder or will it go through and check and rename my existing collection as well?

Edited by Vidman

moviefan

The infrastructure is there to do movies and music later, but just tv right now. 

Yes please add Movies with file/folder rename options and I don't need MCM anymore at all if the TV organizer works as I think it will.

Thanks!

wallaceff

Can you please clarify the TV series auto-organise feature?

My understanding is that if files names with season and episode in the file name, that they will be moved to series and season folders. Is this correct?

If so.... Is there ANY chance of somehow doing this for Media Center recorded TV folder, but WITHOUT moving the files? The reason I ask is that I still want to use media center to manage "keep only xx episodes", but would LOVE LOVE the shows to be organised just like another media center plugin called RECORDED TVHD does. It scans the metadata of the wtv files, matches the series and episode from TheTvDb.org and uses this data to display shows in the standard way media center does. Is this possible? Too complex?

Bloody Brilliant and cheers for all your hard work.

Looking forward to testing out the auto-organise. I use a different PC to download so having a single folder with write permissions that will also rename and tranfer files to the right folder is going to be awesome. That alone makes this a very sweet upgrade, so everything else is more icing on the cake.

Totally unfair you know cause now I'm compelled to donate again. LOL. Damn well earned though. Well I'm off to paypal.

Cheers again and all the best :)

Edit

There you go. Only $10 USD, but just my small way of saying thanks.

Edited by Mobius
  • Like 2

Luke, I have some issue after installing the version DEV of the server thinking in the future release when available.

I am in MBC's last version, then I install the version DEV of the server and update all the plugins.

Before that the server start to fetch the metadata I stop it and choose as the first supplier TMBDMovie and I choose 4 backdrops since it had before.

After a while when it finishes the fetching I see that each movie has only 2 backdrops and the size of the cache of the server has increased.

I start then the MBC and it begins to discover cover, people ... and only there are 2 backdrops and the size of the cache of the MBC also has increased.

One question is if I would have to erase the cache of the MBC before installing the new release of the MBServer?

I think that the best option would be uninstall the MBServer and the MBC and to begin from scratch, but I have a lot of movies that I have introduced metadata and backdrops to hand and if I erase the cache of the MBServer or uninstall it, I will lose all this work.

Seems there are a lot of cache images without link. after install the MBS DEV.

(My structure library is all movies in only one directory with his cover each one, so the backdrops only are in the MBServer cache image)

Since it was a test,I restored the prior disk backup image with the official releases 

Please advice if is need it any special steps before to install the future release of MBServer?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ireme

But wait there is more. Setting up user libraries will now be easier than ever. You add the folders once then just go check off what you want each user to be able to see ... and that includes media folders from plugins so now you can easily hide trailers from certain users without having to hack parental controls.

Please note - the migration for this may not retain all of the user permissions. i am working on it but as always there's a lot of bigger and better things tugging me in different directions. so you may have to review the media folder visibility for each user.

5306e9686349a_Untitled.png

5306e9702e55f_Untitled1.png

• Like 7

Starkadius

@@Luke I really like this new change of making it easier to setup user libraries, it is going to save me so much time in the future if I add a new user. I have one concern though, looking at the first screenshot you provided it looks like "manage user libraries" are gone and replaced by a default? For example the way I have it setup now is that I have some folders in the Movie media type that I want to be shared with certain users but not others. Will we still be able to manually add which folders we want certain users to see per media folder? Your second screenshot shows only the option to select an entire media folder but I don't see any way of selecting sub folders within that media folder. Maybe I am just not understanding this but it looks like its going to totally change the way I already have it setup for my users.

Example

User-A has a media folder called Music with access to one folder location

5306f214a597f_usera.jpg

User-B has a media folder called Music with access to 3 folder locations including the same one that User-A is using

5306f269ed1c2_userb.jpg

Edited by Starkadius

Starkadius

Luke, I quickly made this mockup using the second screenshot you provided to further clarify what I mean from my last post. For example under "Audio" I would imagine we could expand it and manually select which individual folders to share from that one media folder? If there is a new way of doing this please let me know. Thanks.

11_zpsc6d15141.jpg

Edited by Starkadius
  • Like 4

You would need to setup different media folders with the different media locations and then share only the appropriate ones.

We're working right now on figuring out how to do that so that different users can have different media folders with the same display name.

Starkadius

You would need to setup different media folders with the different media locations and then share only the appropriate ones.

We're working right now on figuring out how to do that so that different users can have different media folders with the same display name.

I see. That seems to be the same way I am doing it with the current server version, I had to create different media folders with different media locations even though they share similar locations. I guess this won't be any easier for my setup. I suppose if you want to share an entire media folder with multiple users yeah that makes sense but if we could micromanage each media folder as I showed in the mockup wouldn't that be more efficient? Create the media folder once and just checkoff the folder locations you don't want to share for every user, fine-tune control. Anyway what do I know, I will use whatever method you guys put in the server.

Edited by Starkadius

mentasm

Is there any way the auto organize stuff can be used for renaming TV eps in their final location without moving?

In general all of my stuff gets placed in my collection by sickbeard and doesn't need any help.  Some stuff which is retardedly broken by the wankfest arguments between scene and thetvdb require me to manually download, modify the season/ep numbering and move the eps into my library.  This usually leaves me with badly named eps with scene tagging in the file name.  Would be nice to have MBS see these and rename them in the standard Showname - SxxExx - Epname.ext format.  I curently have to use MCM or metabrowser for this at the moment

yardameus

I'm assuming with all the extra work you've done on this, the release date of the beta will be pushed back a bit?

Koleckai Silvestri

Seems to be getting there. Luke and the team have put a tremendous amount of work into the product in recent weeks. It is great to see things moving forward so quickly.

• Like 4

Seems to be getting there. Luke and the team have put a tremendous amount of work into the product in recent weeks. It is great to see things moving forward so quickly.

Without your testing efforts it would have taken us twice as long to get it stable, so great job to you and the others helping out.

• Like 4