Socket / binding error resulting in no playback on Android

Janusz

Janusz

Hello,

I'm totally new to Emby and did some digging to resolve the issue but no joy - pardon my ignorance if this is something obvious.

I've installed the 3.2.8.0 version of Emby via pkg. Running FreeBSD 10.3 and followed the installation instructions. Browser access appears to be working fine, so far I'm able to play all files (that said there are files which I've not attempted to play yet so it might not be entirely true...). I've installed BubbleUPnP on several Android devices and this is where things get tricky. Emby can play some files, but the majority throw an error.

I've checked the files (e.g. MTS, MP4) and there are no differences between the files which play and those which do not. Next, I investigated the logs and the strange error which I was getting on Android - it essentially indicated that there are problems accessing the address on LAN. Logs state: 'System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The socket has been shut down' (See attached files for more info)

Logs state that server address is 192.168.1.2 - indeed, and it's been set as such in Emby. However BubbleUPnP throws an issue with 192.168.10.1 - which is my OpenVPN TUN interface. Previously Emby was able to bind to every interface but this should no longer be the case... Oddly the logs do not mention the TUN address at all. Another matter to consider is how selective this issue is - certain files play, others do not. If that was really a socket problem it'd be impacting all playback.

Any ideas and/or help would be most appreciated! :)

Janusz

ffmpeg-transcode-62a22439-5869-4360-99d7-d511a789ec93.txt

server-63631785600.txt

Ok, this isn't really a socket error. It is more like client video player hanging up because it sees something it doesn't like. Probably because DLNA is generic and we can't predict the supported formats of the app you're trying to play from. Why not just use the Emby android app?

Janusz

Thanks Luke. I'm migrating away from Plex and before I'm confident that Emby is the right next step I won't be purchasing apps. So far so good, I'll try a different app for now and might get the upgrade for Emby app in time.