Android: Add chromecast as a audio output on device

x-cimo

x-cimo

Unlike with other apps, when I cast from Emby to a chromecast audio, the chromecast dosen't show up in the audio volume selection. In other apps there is a new audio volume that appear and it say "app names" as the device, and the icon is the chromecast icon, a bit like when you connect to a bluetooth devices.  This allow me to control the volume with the up/down button on the side of my phone. That dosen't work with Emby

Would it be possible to integrate better in the android in that respect? Not having to navigate in the app to change the volume is a BIG win.

Thank you :)

Edited by x-cimo
  • Like 1

x-cimo

In case you didn't know this already, I found out that because there is no integration, you actually need to tweak two volume; slider one in emby, but also the one in the google home app.

I couldn't figure out why other apps were getting much higher in volume, but I had to set emby to 100% to get something decent. Until I found out that the chromecast was a 10% volume.

It will be a huge plus when you have time to fix this. It might also be able to get it working in android chrome for the web app.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by x-cimo

• 4 months later...
bradford

+1 for this feature. I like the native Chromecast integration better than what is currently in Emby. I figure it is different because you want to have dlna casting options in the same place.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk