RP3 stability issue

tdiguy

tdiguy

Yes, I think. but there isnt much there unless i am in the wrong section. It has a field for how many days of guide data to download and such and to convert recordings to streaming friendly format. Is that the area?

Or is it transcoding because i have it set to immediately record to a streaming friendly format?

Edited by tdiguy

Or is it transcoding because i have it set to immediately record to a streaming friendly format?

yes, exactly.

tdiguy

Well i think that might have done it. I will see if it becomes unresponsive today. Given that i am going to be relying on emby apps on my devices the limited transcoding of the pi i dont expect to be a problem. I also bought the key to enable hardware acceleration, just trying to figure out how to get to the boot partition on the sd card since i do a boot redirect ( sd card points to usb hdd to boot ).

Well dam. Something isn't right. I just updated to 3.2.19 but i cant seem to get emby to stay running now. I am not using docker.

I updated simply using sudo apt-get upgrade.

Error message i am seeing is: wow thats ugly posted directly on the board. I will attach a notepad.

EmbyError.txt

Edited by tdiguy

That log shows the same error as before. When you shutdown and restart rapidly, there is a chance the OS will not have released the network port yet, which will cause the next startup to fail. If this happens just reboot the device.

tdiguy

Seems like the system is far more stable with transcoding turned off.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk