Movie queue?

Drazgo

Drazgo

I searched forum but didn't see anything specific to this...

Is there a current option to build a movie queue?  Similar to Netflix I guess.

TIA!

• Like 4

blade005

@@Luke

Similar idea, but not the same.

I too would like to see a true Queue option in Emby. It would be useful to be able to occasionally browse through a large Movie or TV library and QUEUE up items of interest for quick access. Favorites isn't appropriate, since if it is in my library it is likely a favorite. I see Favorites working for kids that want to watch the same few items over and over. Playlists really seem designed for Music. I don't really want a Playlist of Movies or TV Series that are designed to play one after the other.

Actually, I would be pleased if the FAVORITES section/tabs in Emby apps were able to be re-named to QUEUE. It actually works the way I would expect a queue, without having to select a big heart icon and having items displayed as favorites when what they really are is a queue of library items of interest for quick access.

Just my thoughts.

It's the same thing. If we built a dedicated function it would just be the same thing with a different name.

Pelon

I love playlists, however they are very inconsistently implemented in the different apps. Unlike Netflix, you can't add to the playlists using most apps, you need to use a web browser interface, like in iOS, so not on any TV apps.

• Android TV/Fire TV - Plays them well
  • Apple TV - Here it is a bit tricky, there is no playlists section on the main screen, however if you go to the music section and all the way down to playlist, you can play video playlist as long as you have created at least one audio playlists
  • Roku - It shows the playlist section, however once you go in, it only displays audio ones, so it won't play video playlists.

I love playlists, however they are very inconsistently implemented in the different apps. Unlike Netflix, you can't add to the playlists using most apps, you need to use a web browser interface, like in iOS, so not on any TV apps.

• Android TV/Fire TV - Plays them well
  • Apple TV - Here it is a bit tricky, there is no playlists section on the main screen, however if you go to the music section and all the way down to playlist, you can play video playlist as long as you have created at least one audio playlists
  • Roku - It shows the playlist section, however once you go in, it only displays audio ones, so it won't play video playlists.

Those apps will all get there and ultimately have the same features.

Koleckai Silvestri

You could build a playlist. It's the same idea.

If I add 10 movies to a playlist, will it delete them from the playlist after I watched them? That is the difference between a queue and a playlist. A queue will empty over time as you watch the content.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

If I add 10 movies to a playlist, will it delete them from the playlist after I watched them? That is the difference between a queue and a playlist. A queue will empty over time as you watch the content.

You're right, it won't do that. Maybe a nice idea is to add that option to playlists, then you can build all the queues that you want.

• Like 2

Pelon

I would love the option of being able to select to play only "played" items, or only "non-played" items. That way you can create a list that can play "non-played" items and still track what was originally in the list. 

• Like 2

Pelon

Not necessarily, that would assume that you always play the list linear and never random. I might have a playlist with Action Movies that I want to see, but I might not necessarily what to watch them in the order I added them. 

earthtorob

Then it does sound just like a playlist.

Kodi has smart playlists that self-populate.  Perhaps Emby could include that feature. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...