Any way to automatically build "Collections"?

Netbug
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Happy2Play

From the Collection item in Chrome.

Happy2Play

I used Star Wars Collection as a test and no matter if sort order as by Release date or by Sort Name "Episode 1" was played.  So it would appear play order is Alphabetical as release date should play "Episode IV" first.

Unless a library scan is need when changing this, but proper display order was shown upon display order change.

earthtorob

Wow, I didn't expect this much attention.

For some reason it's working now.   I probably screwed something up.  Anyone having an issue like this I recommend re-scanning your library.  And making sure the files are available.

Quick question, when I click play on a collection, where can I go to view the playlist? 

earthtorob

I used Star Wars Collection as a test and no matter if sort order as by Release date or by Sort Name "Episode 1" was played.  So it would appear play order is Alphabetical as release date should play "Episode IV" first.

Some would say that Ep 1 is the first movie.  If you want to follow the chronology of the story. 

FrostByte

I just ran a scan, still get the same result.  Emby is running on my NAS so files are all available.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Some would say that Ep 1 is the first movie.  If you want to follow the chronology of the story. 

Yes when you look at the entire story line.

• 1 year later...

Do I not have the display because I don't have premiere? 

You're definitely not dreaming,

My movies are all setup 'boxset-less' and Emby found which belonged in collections by itself, I never had to add a movie to a collection manually.

I don't know why yours is not doing it by default, but hang in there, some one should jump in with an explanation and a solution for you.

It's funny, I did not even checked the collections options, and Emby still create them automatically for me.

591a4caa689d4_Capture1.png

Do I not have the display because I don't have premiere? 

HI, that's from an old version and things have changed. What are you trying to do?

HI, that's from an old version and things have changed. What are you trying to do?

Nevermind- I'm trying the auto box sets collection app.  Sorry for posting. 

• 1 year later...
52 minutes ago, Edrock200 said:

Does 4.6.4 add any collection ability via api?

That has always been there.