Install Theme From URL

TimFromFL

TimFromFL

I wanted to try my hand at theme creation for Emby. So I following the steps outlined here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-302-learn-how-to-create-skins-for-emby-theater/

and in the readme.md I have done the following

1. forked the existing repo
  2. edited the name, display, version, description, and homepage properties of package.json file
  3. edited the id and name properties of the skininfo.js (id is all one word with no spaces or special characters)
  4. edited the plugin.js file changing the self.nameĀ  to be equal to name from skininfo.js file and self.id to be equal to id from skininfo.js file

I am able to open a browser and view each of the files via URL and can confirm that the edits that I have made are visible. I then install the plugin from URL. I can see the Plugin name and version match the edits that I have made. When I go to settings -> display Settings, the only option that I am given is for the default theme and my custom theme is not listed. I want to make sure that this simple part works before i start investing to much time into customizations. is there anything that I missed or am doing wrong? currently my files are being hosted on my github page, but I don't think that is causing any issues and I can access the entire tree of files from the URL without any issues.

Are the default skin settings listed twice? If so it just needs to be renamed.

TimFromFL

Are the default skin settings listed twice? If so it just needs to be renamed.

@@Luke No the theme was only listed once, I just noticed that there was a reboot pending because of an update that was installed (3.2.16.0). After reboot the plugin was visible as expected but after changing the default and exiting settings I noticed that I lost the search and profile\settings icons. since I am using tv.emby.media I can use the back buttons to undo the situation, it just seems taht something isn't working as expected.

That header issue is currently a known issue, and I will resolve it once a skin developer gets a little closer to releasing something. It will currently impact your ability to use a custom skin full-time, but it shouldn't impede skin-related development. Once we see something starting to take shape, then we'll put more time into the skin development process and work out these remaining quirks. Thanks !