Local client on different subnet always displays Unable to connect

mwongjay

mwongjay

Unraid Server: v6.3.3

Emby Server: v3.2.15.0

Fire TV Box: v5.2.4.1

Fire TV App: v1.3.35a

This has been an issue in previous versions. 

I have multiple networks. The server is on 192.168.20.0/24, the clients are all on 192.168.10.0/24. Whenever Emby is started from a fire tv client the loader icon begins spinning, freezes for 1-2 sec, then I receive the message "unable to connect to configured server <name>", and less than 2 seconds later it discovers and connects to the server. That process of starting up, loader freezing, error message, server discovery happens every time. 

If the fire tv client is on the same network as the server the issue is not reproduced.

Additionally, once that process completes logging in, streaming content, etc works fine. Routing is set up correctly on my switch. This isn't a critical issue, obviously, but just wanted to bring it to your attention. 

mwongjay

What happens if you don't set it to automatically log in?

Test cases:

When a user is set to auto log in: Log in, press Fire tv home button, open Emby, I am automatically logged in and works as expected.

When a user is set to auto log in: Log in, log out, open Emby, I receive issue stated earlier.

When user is NOT set to auto log in: The issue above is resolved. No trouble finding server and clicking a user works as expected.

It's odd this issue is only encountered when auto log in for a user is set and the user is required to authenticate. Do you know the reason this causes the issue?