Emby + Ubuntu 16.04 + ACD + RClone

antwar420

antwar420

I am currently having an issue getting Emby to read a drive that I have mounted using RClone that connects to Amazon Cloud Drive.  The data in ACD is encrypted, but once the drive is mounted using RClone mount the data in the mounted directories appears to show unencrypted as expected.  I have read thru the File Permissions Guide for New Linux Users but does not appear to resolve my issue.

To start I have created two directories in the /media folder called:  ACD_Movies and ACD_TV.  I have tried changing the owner of these directories from my user to the root user, and the results do not change.  Here are the commands that I use to mount the drives:

rclone mount --allow-other --max-read-ahead 200M --umask 0 --buffer-size 250M acd_crypt:/TV /media/ACD_TV &
rclone mount --allow-other --max-read-ahead 200M --umask 0 --buffer-size 250M acd_crypt:/Movies/Adult /media/ACD_Movies &

At this point I am able to see the mounted drives unencrypted in Files and thru a directory search in Terminal, including the files and directories below the mounted drive.

5913e8a8165dd_ACD_Movies.png

Here is a view from the terminal.

5913e8d6c674d_ACD_Term.png

I have seen where people have mentioned that the directories need to have the permissions set correctly, so I have even ran the following commands to change the permissions on the mounted drives to make it wide open for everyone.

sudo find /media/ACD_Movies  /media/ACD_Movies -type d -print -exec chmod 777 {} \;
sudo find /media/ACD_Movies  /media/ACD_Movies -type f -print -exec chmod 777 {} \;

sudo find /media/ACD_TV  /media/ACD_TV -type d -print -exec chmod 777 {} \;
sudo find /media/ACD_TV  /media/ACD_TV -type f -print -exec chmod 777 {} \;

Although it seems to me that these permissions do not change once it is mounted.  If I unmount the drive I can change the permissions and allow the changes to take place.  It seems to me that Emby does not have access to the data in that mounted drive even though the mount uses the option to allow-other, and I can't determine a way to correct that.  I also have this option set in the fuse.conf file.

So at this point I restart Emby using the following command.

sudo service emby-server start

I have also tried restarting the emby server from within the Emby dashboard.  Now I attempt to add a new library one for movies and one for tv.  I notice when I go thru to select the directory I can see /media/ACD_Movies and media/ACD_TV but none of the subdirectories inside the mounted directory. 

5913e9d859715_EmbyNotShowing.png

This leads me to believe it's a permissions issue, but I have tried tried mounting as root as well as my user and the results are the same.  I have also mounted drives to two new folders inside of the media directory that are from the ACD_Movie and ACD_TV drive and still no luck.  I am kind of at a loss on what might be the cause of my issue, can anyone provide me with some feedback on what I might be doing wrong.  It sounds like others are able to make this work, so I am sure I am missing something.  If I attempt to locate other directories in Emby on the local machine or even thru a network share, everything appears to work.

log.txt

antwar420

Anyone have any other suggestions?  I was able to get this to work with Plex but for some reason Emby will not pick up these libraries.  Any help is greatly appreciated!