Tagging and parental control

gleep52

gleep52

Is there a way to have my kids' movies show up and only those via tagging?  I just setup tags on all 70+ movies one by one for all my kids' movies with a tag "KidsOK" and went into the user section and can't seem to figure out a way to INCLUDE those tags - I only see a way to block tags... it'd take WAY longer for me to go through the other 400+ titles and mark them as "KidsNOTOK"... With Plex, it was inclusive, so I just assumed it would be with Emby too... Anyone have a way to grant access via tagging instead of blocking by tag?  Maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks!

Deathsquirrel

No, the easy ways to do this now are to block by rating or to pit those titles in their own library and do access by library.

Burrito78

I will have to set this up also and my theory is this:

Set up your folders like this:

media/kidsmovies

media/movies

Put your kids movies into its folder, put the rest into the general movies folder.

Create a user "Kids" and only add the media/kidsmovies as the movie library.

For your general user, add both folders as type "movie" libraries so the movies in them should be merged in library view.

Is this the "best practice" way to do it? Limit by rating would confuse kids because it includes too much stuff they are not interested in anyway.

Regards,

Burrito78

mastrmind11

+1 for separate libraries.  Makes managing everything so much easier.

Deathsquirrel

I use both separate libraries and a ratings block.  In my case though the libraries are by user.  So there is a general Movies library containing things  multiple people would want to watch and a separate library for each user containing the things only they want to see.  Ditto for movies.  This results in my kids seeing movies that they likely won't care about from the general library but not anything I consider inappropriate should they choose to watch it.

When they were younger though I had a 'kid stuff' dedicated library to minimize the effort of their browsing.