Mapping channel guide

spitefulgod

spitefulgod

​I pull an xml tv guide from here http://rest.xmltv.co.uk/feed/6550 and the guide always appears a little empty / sparse

590d7a9cd342a_guide.png

I presume this is down to the channel naming, yet when I go to Map channels on the XML TV options it appears blank.

590d7adee24e5_emptymap.png

Is there a reason for this???

Also the system is unable to determine which items are movies as the genres for movies appear as movie / drama, movie / sci-fi etc, I noticed there are options to add these individually except that doesn't appear to pick then up, can there be an option to just search the genre for the word "movie" instead?

maegibbons

If you are getting some programs it is not a "channel mapping" issue per se.

The xmltv file that you linked to is very small and does not contain a lot of program data.

Is it a Sample?

krs

Mark

maegibbons

Also....

What is the source of your channels  - IPTV?  Have you tried Schedules Direct for guide data?

Krs

Mark

spitefulgod

I get the channels from next pvr from freesat for some reason there is no epg data with that, when I add the xml I get epg for about 8 channels the rest are blank. So I thought I could map the rest but that doesn't seem to show up at all.

maegibbons

Have you looked at the xml tv file? It looks quite sparse to me.

I have not used next pvr but i thought that you linked xml in next pvr and then emby pulls guide info from next pvr plugin?

You need to get input from next pvr people.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

spitefulgod

Doesn't matter I switched the EPG source on NextPVR to Freesat and the guides now come through from that, got rid of the xml.