Direct tv Now

markaisi

markaisi

I would like to see a way for Emby to incorporate Direct tv Now (DTVN) into the Emby browser so that it is able to link with Live TV.  I presently have HDHomeRun for my local channels with an antenna linked to Emby and it would be nice to have all of these channels together in one place. My use is with a Windows computer so I don't even need to use Emby Theatre if this would make it easier since DTVN can be a web based product.  I have tried to use PlayOn for the live channels that they offer in DTVN but it is a very slow process.  I even tried to use the Video Bookmarks plugin but could not get the web address to work when I copied it to the URL. Obviously the second part of this is not to just link to Emby but to be able to have the channels showup in the Guide.  This would make a rather seamless viewing all under the Emby browser.

Hi, while it's a nice idea, I don't think DirectTV has an API that allows developers to use their data and content.

Well sure, although that's not really a cross-device solution. Not every app on every device will be able to pop open a browser like that.