The great Carolina snow storm of 2014

ebr

You northerners will laugh at us but we've had 4" of snow fall in less than 4 hours here just north of Charlotte.  It is supposed to keep snowing for the next 12-15 hours!  :o

We're not prepared for this stuff - this whole area will be crippled for days.  

52fbe3c65623b_20140212_155434_HarborWalk

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

We've had negative precipitation here in California. Even the local mountains that normally get 3-5 feet are bare and dry. The Sierra Nevadas that normally get 30-50 feet of snow are even worse. Fire Season is going to "wonderful" this year. Will need to stock up on air filters.

Hope your pantry is well stocked and you stay warm over the weekend. That is the key really. Just make it so you don't have to go out in the craziness.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Dude we got Forty Cetemeters last two weeks. There is so much snow here that the piles are taller than my Kia Forte.

trooper11

Here in Tennessee we are just starting to get the snow.  Have about 2", but its coming down heavy and expected to go through tomorrow morning, so who knows where it will end up.  We have plenty of provisions though :lol:

You guys can take some of my snow any day! I'm about 45 minutes west of @@chef, so I know how he feels... I was sick of this crap weeks ago! haha

Here in Tennessee we are just starting to get the snow.  Have about 2", but its coming down heavy and expected to go through tomorrow morning, so who knows where it will end up.  We have plenty of provisions though :lol:

Nice! LOL

Declare a state of Emergency!

Small amounts of snow does make for bad driving though. Well.. Alamounts of snow make for bad driving. 

The snow piles up here so high that you can't see the traffic comming down the street, so you kind of inch your way out into the intersection and hope of the best...

I will take snow any day over fire. We have a few of them burning close atm. Everything is tinder dry right now. Just a little smoke hanging around.

52fbf56496ad8_20140213092417.jpg

Edited by Tikuf

You guys can take some of my snow any day! I'm about 45 minutes west of @@chef, so I know how he feels... I was sick of this crap weeks ago! haha

@@pmac

I'll be damned... no way a fellow media browser user right close?   Toronto?  Don't say Hamilton?... It's Hamilton isn't it...? :)

@Tinkif

Fire is worse.... want some snow to put it out?

Yeh same here Tikuf,no big fires like you guys are experiencing there but dry as all hell.

We did have about 6 drops of rain yesterday whixh I think dried up before it hit the ground.

The weather all over the world is pretty extreme atm

BATTLE DONKEY

@@pmac

Would you believe I have. Simcoe lake area. Amazing!

I'm in Toronto and I'm officially sick and tired of the snow, ice and -30° temperatures we've been dealing with on a daily basis since christmas :(

I'm in Toronto and I'm officially sick and tired of the snow, ice and -30° temperatures we've been dealing with on a daily basis since christmas :(

Another fellow Canadian from the polar vortex that is Ontario. Nice!

DGMayor

Started at noon here in Raleigh, and by 4pm or so it turned into freezing rain..and it's still going..  should be fun tomorrow..

Thinking about heading up to Concord on Friday to let my little girl play in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by rsaxman

+ 1 @ swhitmore. I hear ya. Couple of weeks ago they were water bombing the property next door with elvis . Grabbed all the kids, computers, dog, cat let the horses out of the paddocks and gfo an hour later they let us go home 8 hrs later I rounded up the last horse.

• Like 1

swhitmore

+ 1 @ swhitmore. I hear ya. Couple of weeks ago they were water bombing the property next door with elvis . Grabbed all the kids, computers, dog, cat let the horses out of the paddocks and gfo an hour later they let us go home 8 hrs later I rounded up the last horse.

Ah damn. You all ok? Yeah we had to evacuate. That was not fun with a 2 week old baby. The fire got about 1km out from us.

Ya all good just part of living we we live I guess. But snowing where Eric is is like snow in Brisbane.

Weather has gone crazy, the end of the world is nigh.

I took some precautions so i wouldn't have to move the computers again (they are heavy)

tin-foil-funny-office-prank-covered-wrap

• Like 6

We had a little bit of rain today. it was nice after breaking the all time hot summer record of 13 days of 40+ deg Celsius (104+ F)...

52fcb83707459_20140213152207.jpg

• Like 1

CBers

In the UK, we've got lots of flooding from big storms, accompanied by hurricane-level winds.

Supposedly, the storms are tracking across the Atlantic from the USA.

Perhaps we'll get the snow at some point.

I don't envy any of you stuck with heavy snow or forest fires.

Hopefully your internet connections stay up.

Edited by CBers

Sleet and freezing rain all night which actually packed down the accumulation and created a nice 1" crust of ice on top of the snow.  Now it is snowing again.  Hard.

52fcd32c3e515_20140213_082646_HarborWalk

• Like 1

trooper11

Well the snow has finally passed through our area and the final total is 7".  Certainly a big snow for us.  Everything is covered for as far as you can see and not a soul is brave enough to try and drive in it :lol:

Luckily, we haven't lost power, so we can just sit around and enjoy the view.  Our dog sure is loving it.

Sleet and freezing rain all night which actually packed down the accumulation and created a nice 1" crust of ice on top of the snow. Now it is snowing again. Hard.

52fcd32c3e515_20140213_082646_HarborWalk

You guys have winter tires there?

Just remember if your car starts to slide, go with it! Seriously, don't slam on the breaks or you'll be in trouble. We live with black ice and it can be deadly. Black ice, in case you don't know, is slick ice the color of pavement after freezing rain.