Recordings Via ServerWMC

TimFromFL

TimFromFL

Now that I have my live tv working the way that I wanted, I've noticed that there seems to be a difference in how Emby handles the recordings that it gets from ServerWMC vs. If I setup a specific library for my content. Is this by design? Is there a recommended way of configuring Emby to use the ServerWMC libraries like its own or do I need to setup some type of system moving files around so they will be displayed and handled like I would expect?

I stumbled on this because I was trying to figure out why the Trakt plugin was only seeing my movie collection and watched status but not showing anything for all of my TV programs

Thanks in advance

krustyreturns

I am not familiar with Trakt plugin, but...

For live-tv plugins, emby gets its information from the live-tv guide source.  For serverwmc, this means all the data is retrieved from the wmc guide. For all of your other media content handled by emby, liked ripped movies or whatever, emby gets the information from internet sources on its own.

You can make things work differently, for example I have some users who move certain recorded movies or shows to a regular emby library folder so emby handles them directly.  However to make this work, the files need to be renamed so that emby can scrape them correctly.  There are free file renames out there to make this happen for wmc recordings.

TimFromFL
For live-tv plugins, emby gets its information from the live-tv guide source.  For serverwmc, this means all the data is retrieved from the wmc guide. For all of your other media content handled by emby, liked ripped movies or whatever, emby gets the information from internet sources on its own.

Using your information, I think I was able to solve this issue by renaming my files to the Emby Naming standards. Once that was done everything seemed to work as expected. I am not 100% sure why since it seems counter to what you stated, but it works.